• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hair bear bunch

belbouteloup

My hair has been falling out badly for the last 3 months, my op was late November, and am at my wits end ! have been taking zinc, selenium etc, nothing works,i was warned it would happen, hate brushing and washing it now, as am scared even more will drop out. It`s so bad i feel totally paranoid,:sigh: any advice and will it grow back ?

My hair has been falling out badly for the last 3 months, my op was late November, and am at my wits end ! have been taking zinc, selenium etc, nothing works,i was warned it would happen, hate brushing and washing it now, as am scared even more will drop out. It`s so bad i feel totally paranoid,:sigh: any advice and will it grow back ?

Hiya are you getting enough protein in your diet now? I know that this can cause hair loss. I have not been eating so have had some protein shots that body builders have to help me get my daily allowance.

Do the hospital or docs keep an eye on your bloods too?

No havnt seen doc for ages, due to go on June 10th. Where do you get protein shots from ?

There is a protein sticky in this section if you look on there it gives you the web addresses. I get mine from discount suppliments. Its whey protein shot they are new. Look like err big bullets for want of a better word!!

It sounds like you could do with your blood tested too :)

Post-op hair loss is completely normal and unfortunately unavoidable for some (like me :eek:) due to the trauma of surgery, anesthesia & drastically reduced calories. People who drop weight suddenly or have any type of operation will experience the same thinning of hair.

IT IS TEMPORARY!!!

Supplements help with re-growth but does not stop it falling out. Most people experience the hair loss starting about 3 months post-op and it may continue until about 9-12 months post-op.

IT WILL STOP and you WILL NOT GO BALD.

In fact it is just a thinning so you shouldn't have any bald spots just less volume. It is normal, it happens and all we can do is eat well and take supplements in order to encourage new growth.

HTH,
Nic:p

I knew you would come along Nic - totally agree with Nic. My friend had 2 major operations 12 months apart and she has ALWAYS had thin, short hair in all the years i have known her (22yrs) her hair began to fall out in hand fulls and like yourself she didn't look forward to washing or brushing it. She has not had any extra vits/minerals but she does eat a good diet - protein, veggies etc and her hair now is so thick, lush and just beautiful. So once your body gets over the trauama of what you have been through you will see some positive results

Sending you hugs with fairy dust to keep your hair in place and to make you happy x

Nic is bob on and i like you have been loosing my hair. Try not to worry about it it does eventually stop. I think it looks worse for thoes of you who have long hair as although we loose the same amount the volume is greater because of the added length.

Back