• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hair loss ...

BandyEmm

Just wondering how many of us have experienced hair loss since having their op.
mines coming out every time i brush it, wah it, dry it, straighten it, , its sodding everywhere,

Its started in the last few days to a week roughly,

think im going to end up bald

It is common due to rapid weight loss and even people on Cambridge, Lighterlife etc experience it. It most likely stops when weight loss slows down and the hair grows back again fine. Kelp tablet or a zinc and selenium tablet daily can help but ask your bariatric team first if you should take them.

im 5 years in with band mine still dropping, hubby moaning its in his lunch now lols x

mine still falling out as well and Im nearly 8 months now. It does feel like you are going to go bald as there is loads every time I wash my hair or brush it, but in actual fact no one notices but me.

Lady in London is right, in can happen with any weight loss. Same happened to me when I did Cambridge diet a few years ago.

mines falls out all the time and ends up blocking the plug hole when i'm in the shower LOL.

The kids moan that I need to wear a hair net when cooking their tea as there is always a stray one.....

Mine started dropping out at around 2-3 months and it was VERY distressing even though I knew to expect it. I couldnt even push my hair out of my face without getting a blanket of hair all over me. I really was upset but even though I bought zinc and selenium tablets I didnt end up taking more than one of them. I decided that I was taking enough pills already, I didnt need one more that might not even help me, so I didnt take them. I am now five and a half months out and the loss is slowing down lots. It still comes away when I brush my hair but then again hair does that anyway and it definately isnt as much as it was. When I run my hands through my hair I get the odd two or three now, not the mass that I used to and I dont lose masses when I wash my hair now either. Apart from the hair loss improving, the hair condition has improved too, which I am VERY happy about.
I am fully expecting that the loss may start again at some point, I know that it is possible, but for now I am happy with what is going on with my hair.
It can be a VERY distressing part of weight loss.
Steph xx

I'm still losing lots of hair at 9 months out, but I had a lot to start with, and only I have noticed:(

Back