• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair loss ???

Mikaela

Hi All just a quick question session I'm soon to go I'n for a bypass has anyone lost hair who has had the bypass ??? Does it grow back ? Is there anything u can do to stop hair loss thanks

Nothing you can do to prevent it,if it happens its usually a thinning about 3/4 months out and slows/comes back about 9 months.

Hi,
I posted virtually the same, I had my bypass 13 weeks ago, and I have noticed that my hair is coming out but I thought it was down to complications following the op ! .. I get to see the surgeon 2nd may . X

Hi,
I posted virtually the same, I had my bypass 13 weeks ago, and I have noticed that my hair is coming out but I thought it was down to complications following the op ! .. I get to see the surgeon 2nd may . X

How u finding everything ? Where did u have yours ?

I think I will be ok with respect to this when I have my bypass as my hair has been falling out for years and just get the shears out

Nothing you can do about it - it's the same as when you do and VLCD such as Cambridge diet or Lighterlife. Your stages of hair growth are delayed as your body is surviving on minimum nutrients and minerals and will not waist them on hair growth, as that is not an essential need for life - it's more worried about getting the right amounts of glucose to the brain and muscles.

This is the normal hair growth cycle we all go through and it generally takes 3-4 months per cycle and all hairs will be at a different stage at any one time. After the anagen phase it can take a while to move back to the catagen (new hair) stage - however it does come back, just somewhat slower than you usually expect.
xx

Nothing you can do about it - it's the same as when you do and VLCD such as Cambridge diet or Lighterlife. Your stages of hair growth are delayed as your body is surviving on minimum nutrients and minerals and will not waist them on hair growth, as that is not an essential need for life - it's more worried about getting the right amounts of glucose to the brain and muscles.

This is the normal hair growth cycle we all go through and it generally takes 3-4 months per cycle and all hairs will be at a different stage at any one time. After the anagen phase it can take a while to move back to the catagen (new hair) stage - however it does come back, just somewhat slower than you usually expect.
xx[/QUOTE.

Thank u on reply

I have short thick hair and i have lost a bit of it comes out all tha time now I am getting to have nice hair like everyone else its being sooooo cooooold I don't like xxx

Mikaela said:
How u finding everything ? Where did u have yours ?

Hi,
I had my op at royal derby hospital...in my opinion (so that I don't offend any one.. MY OPINION ) ..... the staff during my stay were EXCELLENT, could not fault any one, mr Ahmed , my surgeon his bedside manner was faultless , very reassuring !!...
And now for the bad news ! ..... (AGAIN, MY PERSONAL OPINION !)... The after care leaves a lot to be desired !! .. I am 13 weeks post op ( bypass ) , and i have hit complications, It turns out that where they have joined the stomach and intestine , they have made it too narrow , so I am stuck on soups and yoghurts till they can sort a stretch out for me , but I am not due to go back to see my surgeon till the 2nd of may !!!.. ( and that's an emergency appointment ! )... So by the time I go back and see him, it will be nearly 4. 1/2 months on the liquid stage ! ...

My hairs coming out loads especially when Im in the shower it started at 3 months, but I already have new hairs coming thru theres loads flyaway shirt hairs its really obvious when its just been washed looks amess but better than the hair not coming thru x

Pre-op here. The hair loss is the only thing that I am really concerned about. Glad to hear that it is only short-lived though.
I was considering having my (now very long) hair cut short (as I used to have it when I was thinner). I'd be interested in whether people thought it would be a good idea before surgery, a month or two after or wait for a year so it goes with my new (thinner) look xx

Back