• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair loss/thinning

Neeta

Hi, have heard so much about hair loss/thinning but not seen anything on here with regards to this. Could anyone tell me have they suffered with this, how long does it last and do you get your golden tresses back to their full glory.

I have spoken to one person who has had the situation of hair thinning, and her hair is growing back now. Thanks.

I was told it generally starts to kick in at about six weeks post op and starts to improve after about six months or later! Trying not to worry about it, might make it worse! ;-) x

Its just the hairs that where forming at the time of surgery that are shocked by lack of nutrition etc,usually happens about 3/4 months(I was 4months to the day)Gradually regrows by 6/9 months post op.They are hairs that would normally come out slowly not all at once.The follicals are ok so it will regrow,though some say it stayed a bit thinner than normal.

how long does it last and do you get your golden tresses back to their full glory.

If I loose my grey hair and get golden tresses growing back I will be well happy! I do worry about thinning, as I already have quite thin hair. I would say it is natural to worry, and probably most of the ladies do, being a bit sexist I think it is easier for blokes.

It normally kicks in around three to six months and normally grows back. There are a couple of supplements that can help Zinc and Selenium, but it's usually caused by your body using your protein intake for better things than growing hair. So the key is making sure you're getting enough protein in, and that you are hydrated. Even if you take extra Zinc your body uses protein to help distribute it to your hair follicles so getting enough in is important

Worry not though it really does sort itself out in time xxx

What are the best types of supplements to take regarding this problem?? I see zinc is one x

Zinc is good as is Selenium. Selenium is really expensive so your GP might baulk at letting you have it, if that's the case get your surgical team to write to them to recommend it, most GPs will accept that. Mine was brilliant and just let me have it, but I've heard of some being reluctant.

The key is not to worry about it. It will grow back and unless its a real concern then taking extra zinc and increasing your protein intake will sort it out. Thinning hair for a month or two is a small price to pay.

Back