• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone been Banded abroad?

Muppet

I really think this is the road I will be going down, because of the price, although the pound is so low against the Euro atm, its going to be a struggle.

I just want a good bariatric surgeon who knows his job and good care whilst in hospital, I dont even care if fills are not included.

So your surgeons name, country and if the care was good and approximately how much would be so much appreciated .:D

If you don't mind me asking...what is wrong with the band you have already?

I dont mind at all, it was confirmed by contrast study under x-ray that the actual band has a hole in it Waynetta

How long have you had that one for?
Do bands have a so to speak shelf life? I don't know much about bands I'm waiting for a bypass.:confused:

I had mine in the uk by Dr Ammori, it was £7500 with surgicare. Surgicare and Mr Ammori were fabulous. Also all the staff at the Alexandra are great too. Take care R x

WOW!! Wlh, that is a lot of dosh, I cant pay that much, but thank you for your input.

Waynetta, nobody knows why hunny, and its not very common, although on another forum I read of 3 cases just tonight, not like mine in the actual band, but one was a port and the others were the tubing.

O ok thankyou for answering my questions and good luck chuck. x

You're very welcome and thank for your good wishes xx

I dont really know much about the band Muppet, but was your original op private or NHS? if it was NHS would they not be obliged to correct it

I dont really know much about the band Muppet, but was your original op private or NHS? if it was NHS would they not be obliged to correct it

mine was nhs i was lucky, they replaced mine free of charge, its so hard for private patients these days, some of the stories recently have been sad.

I dont mind at all, it was confirmed by contrast study under x-ray that the actual band has a hole in it Waynetta

would a solicitor be able to help you fight for full funding for the band replacement fees ? as they have suplied a defect band.

Actually I did consult a 'no win no fee' solicitor last July, and they are still deciding whether or no it will be worth their while, to take my case on.

This is just it Sam, if I had had the op on the NHS they would have probably have sorted it all out for me free of charge. It's outrageous, even Sharon Bates replied to my email saying that in her experience the band company would pay for the surgery and 3 fills too.

So I feel I have had a very raw deal wherein I have to pay for the whole procedure again plus the removal of the faulty band.

Back