• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone had Gastric band with TWL Surgery Belgium

nettesteve1

HI i have two consultation booked one with the hospital group and one with the weight loss surgery. TWL Surgery offer a good deal but its going to Brussels and i am slighty concerned. Esp as they said they are happy to do my consultation over the phone. All after care is in the UK tho

The other appointment is with hospital group. But is £1500 more. I know its not about the money its my health i'm more worried about. If anyone has had the ops with these companies your feed back would be much appreciated. thanks

Last edited:
Hi
I was wls group but uk op. can't fault aftercare from them. Weekly calls from nutrionist and mobile number to call if I want to query anything. hopefully you will get a reply from someone who has had it done abroad to help you x

Hi

I had my band with WLS Group too and cant fault them. A while back a few people had some problems with Hospital Group but I havent heard anything bad recently.

I have never heard of the other company you mention and dont recall anyone else mentioning them.

You are 100% right good aftercare is vital as is dietary advice and easy access to a local clinic.

Good luck x

i wouldnt advise going abroad for a band the after care tends to be crap, and when theres a problem theres very little support available, try to stay in the UK, as ive known of too many band problems that have been done abroad, and then the nhs surgeons have to correct mistakes which isnt good x

nettesteve1 said:
HI i have two consultation booked one with the hospital group and one with the weight loss surgery. TWL Surgery offer a good deal but its going to Brussels and i am slighty concerned. Esp as they said they are happy to do my consultation over the phone. All after care is in the UK tho

The other appointment is with hospital group. But is £1500 more. I know its not about the money its my health i'm more worried about. If anyone has had the ops with these companies your feed back would be much appreciated. thanks

Hi, I went with the wls group and went to belgium, I haven't heard any horror stories with this particular package so far. I had dr marc focquet and he was brilliant, the hospital was clean, people were friendly. All my aftercare is in the UK, I haven't had a problem so far "touch wood"....if you want to ask anything I'd be happy to help

Hi, I went with the wls group and went to belgium, I haven't heard any horror stories with this particular package so far. I had dr marc focquet and he was brilliant, the hospital was clean, people were friendly. All my aftercare is in the UK, I haven't had a problem so far "touch wood"....if you want to ask anything I'd be happy to help
Hiya i also had Dr Marc and went to Belgium - I can honestly say the hospital there was far cleaner than ours - the whol trip went extremely well and i too have had it done through WLS and as soon as i got back in the Uk they called to see how it went and to book my check up and my first fill! Again 'touch wood' its been amazing! If you have any questions about the op abroad give us a shout!
xx

Back