• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have I eaten too much?

smilergem

On my wl journey at last
Hello lovely people :)
Have not long had my evening meal, and am wondering whether I can eat too much at one sitting as it were.
I ate a whole WeightWatchers fish pie, and had no restriction whatsoever, it went down so easily.
I am ten weeks post op tomorrow, is this amount ok at this stage?
Sorry to sound a bit thick, but am worried I may have stretched my pouch :sigh:
Hope one of you fantastic helpful post oppers can help ;)

Didn't want to read and run, but I'm not sure about the portion size as I still cant tolerate fish and can only eat a really tiny portion. Now cottage cheese is another story, could eat at least a tub if I don't watch it as I never seem to feel full with it.

I think you would certainly be in pain if you has stretched your pouch, even a reflected pain such as tight chest or indigestion. You must have eaten it at a good slow pace and if you have no ill effects don't worry Xx

i can eat a lot as well and not fill full up and then another day i can only manage 3/4 of a slice of toast . but im getting fed up with not losing any weight . i have stayed the same for 4 weeks now and its getting me down now

I guess the fish pie had some sort of sauce with it. Maybe that would make it quite a wet meal and a bit of a slider.

I'm only 5 days post-op so I might have that all wrong!

it could be because it doesn't have much texture, I had a ready made mouskka tonight and left 1/4 of it only ate the mince, sauce and one slice of eggplant, left the potato and the rest of the eggplant.

Well I am 4 months post op and I find some days I could eat a whole fish pie but others I couldnt so dont worry too much but listen to your body.

What you've eaten tonight probably counts as slider food which is why it went down so easily. But I think it's normal to find you can eat more some days and not others. I've just had 2 small slices of chicken breast, runner beans, 2 small new potatoes & gravy, followed by berries & fat-free yoghurt... I'm full, but I don't feel any restriction... never have so far :confused:

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply ;)
It's all trial and error I guess this wls journey. I just get so worried sometimes, that if I eat too much, the bypass won't work and I won't lose weight, I guess we all feel like that sometimes :confused:
Am going on holiday in just over two weeks, so am praying that I fit into the seat without the horrible indentation of the buttons on my thighs which usually leave me bruised :)
You lot are my bestest friends in the whole wide world, and I love you all xxxxxxxx

I am going to Turkey, so hope it will still be warm enough to sit by the pool and relax xxxx

Jan I can eat more sloppy food than solid food, that's probably why you could eat it. It's quite sloppy and light, isn't it?
Have a fantastic holiday, I love Turkey! ooooo sitting in the sunshine. how lovely!

Yep It definately is classed as a Slider food, soft and easy to go down, you would never eat much meat and veg, and food you have to really chew, dont forget our new pouch's dont have the digestive juices in there to help with digestion so slider foods the pouch likes cos he don't have to do too much work to push the food through..... Listen to your body when you've had enuf it will tell you, and if you overdo it well you will be tasting it all over again as is comes back up LOL....

Yep It definately is classed as a Slider food, soft and easy to go down, you would never eat much meat and veg, and food you have to really chew, dont forget our new pouch's dont have the digestive juices in there to help with digestion so slider foods the pouch likes cos he don't have to do too much work to push the food through..... Listen to your body when you've had enuf it will tell you, and if you overdo it well you will be tasting it all over again as is comes back up LOL....

ewww just having my breakfast!!

ooo jan any room in your suitcase although it would have to be a rather large one and probably the baggage charge would be more than the flight . have a lovely holiday will miss you x

Back