• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have my multi-disciplinary team meeting tomorrow! nervous!!

samp24

Hi all, I have my multi-disciplinary team meeting tomorrow, finally get to see the surgeon and aneasthetist. feeling a bit nervous, but am sure it will all be ok. been on this journey since sept 2012 so hopefully am getting closer to the point where i finally have a definative yes and then a date. Are there any by passers on the forum who had it done in cornwall recently and if so how long after your multi team meeting did you get a letter. been reading avidly all your advice and you are all a wealth of knowlegdge.:)

Hiya, Welcome, and Good Luck for tomorrow!

Sorry, I'm not in Cornwall, and am self funded, so haven't any help to offer, apart from to say I wish I'd done it years ago!!

I hope tomorrow goes well - keep us posted xx

Hey, as Carrieb said, I'm not in Cornwall but I've just had my MDT too(18/12). Everyone was lovely and it's mostly (for me anyway) a pencil pushing/form filling exercise. They'll want to know your weight, and why you want the surgery etc. It'll be fine, don't be nervous - they know what you're there for :)

Good luck, you'll be perfect :)

It was an ok experience for me I have to say at Luton. You will be fine. I'm now on my 5% weight loss diet which is to lose just under a stone in 6 weeks. Being weighed in officially at the GPs Tuesday for my two weeks milk diet to lose 5%. On 2nd jan my weight was 19.5 starkers. Now at the end of my first week I'm 18.1 1/2 so by sticking to it to the t I've lost 17.5 lbs! Very pleased and coping well :))) wish this would carry on but I know it slows rapidly :(
The diet is tough, after a few days of feeling naff it gets easier. Was hard to do it when all Xmas goodies in the house.
So don't worry, they will be there to support you. Let us know how you get on. See u on the losing side soon x

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

thanks all, so nice to know that i'm not on my own and that you have all gone through it or are about to. I'm sure it will go fine but i dont think the morning will go quick enough. filled with anxiousness, trepidation and excitement! will let you know how it goes.:eek:

Good luck, I hope it goes ok xx

Well all went well, (although they didnt say yes, they did all say I would be a good candidate) the only slightly negative thing is that due to past mental health issues the surgeon wants me to see the psychologist before i go on the list. he said that he didnt think there would be any issues with this but wanted to cover all bases. All this means that it is going to take a bit longer than i had hoped as the 18 weeks wont start ticking till i have seen the psychologist. Surgeon had no idea how long the psychologist wait would be either, so just have to be patient a bit longer. On the whole a good day!

Really glad you had a positive day.

It shows the consultant has your best interests at heart xx

Back