• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

having a slight defill on sunday

tinkywinky

SOOO HAPPY to be a loser!
Hi everyone.

i cant believe how much diff having 1ml put in my band has made. i was fine on liqs but when went on mushy could only manage a few mouthfuls and had no appetite or hunger. didnt get any diff when went on solids and since sun a mouthful of solids is too much. so anyway im back on liqs slimfasts and yogs etc untill slight defill on sunday. you would have thought that not eating or having many cals would help weight loss but it hasnt. ive lost a lb and then gained some. Im not taking any notice of weight at mo just concentrating on having enough fluids and roll on sunday. i am missing my healthy food. I was starting at gym last wk but have decided to wait untill im back on solids ok.

Oh blimey Helen, that's weird - putting on weight when you can't eat more than a tiny amount - maybe body has gone into starvation mode. Hope de-fill helps. Lv Jen x

PS, when I was in hosp. trying to eat the hosp food but largely failing, I weighed myself and I'd lost about a pound which narked me off something chronic. Well, I weighed myself today and have suddenly gone down half a stone since then. I'm going to weight man clinic on Thurs so will update ticker. Anyway, in relation to your situation - maybe your body is being pushed into a corner before it finally gives over all the weight you should have lost ;)

Good luck with exercise prog. Lv Jen x

Oh my goodness thats with just 1ml added :eek:, I have virtually no restrcition (have 4mls) and have begged THG to give me an extra ml on Sautrday, had my last fill 2 weeks ago tomoro, they dont normally allow another fill so close to the last one but she knew I was annoyed at having no restriction so agreed to 1ml, I hope it doesn't affect me like yours has!! Hopefully with your de-fill you'll feel better and start loosing weight again

Kate x

How many ml's do you have in your band now?

Oh my goodness thats with just 1ml added :eek:, I have virtually no restrcition (have 4mls) and have begged THG to give me an extra ml on Sautrday, had my last fill 2 weeks ago tomoro, they dont normally allow another fill so close to the last one but she knew I was annoyed at having no restriction so agreed to 1ml, I hope it doesn't affect me like yours has!! Hopefully with your de-fill you'll feel better and start loosing weight again

Kate x

How many ml's do you have in your band now?
6mls in a 9ml band
good luck with your next fill. hope you get some restriction. what size is your band?

Last edited:
PS, when I was in hosp. trying to eat the hosp food but largely failing, I weighed myself and I'd lost about a pound which narked me off something chronic. Well, I weighed myself today and have suddenly gone down half a stone since then. I'm going to weight man clinic on Thurs so will update ticker. Anyway, in relation to your situation - maybe your body is being pushed into a corner before it finally gives over all the weight you should have lost ;)

Good luck with exercise prog. Lv Jen x

thanks Jen.
thats good about your half stone loss. well done and good luck for thurs. look forward to hearing all about it..
fingers crosed the exercise will start next week. i just didnt want to start and end up doing something silly while on liqs.

I wish I was like that. I had 6ml then 7.5 then 8.3 and now 8.8. I do have restriction but nothing like many other banders have explained.

The main thing for me is that I have to chew chew chew to make sure it doesn't get stuck but as long as i do that I can still eat quite large portions.

your on fluids only so your prob retaining when your back n food i reckon your drop a bit quiet quickly good luck for sunday
Thanks serenity.
I will post how i get on

Thanks, so far I have 4mls in a 10ml band
your doing really well with your loss todate considering you dont have restriction yet. hopefully that next ml will be the one.
you have been asking about how much to eat and what to have. maybe you could try having more meat and less pots and veg and see if that fills you up a bit more.
before i had restriction i made sure to eat more protein.

Hi all, I have 10.5mls (I think) in a 12ml band. I do have some restriction but this mainly varies to what type of foods I'm eating. I also have to chew chew chew especially in a morning and with cold foods, otherwise it hurts as it goes through the band making me feel sick!!! I am not restricted by any foods at all. I perhaps would have liked not being able to tolerate bread and pasta but no...can eat 2 rounds with no problem at all!!!! x x x

I had a fill last Friday and I also cannot believe how much difference 1ml has made. I had 5mls in a 10ml band and the nurse took it up to 6ml and I did feel a bit disappointed when she sais she was only putting 1ml in but boy oh boy, so glad it is only 1ml as I'm struggling a bit with food, fine with liquids can only manage tiny bits of food so far. Not going to have a de-fill though as last time I felt like that it subsided after a week or so.

I had a fill last Friday and I also cannot believe how much difference 1ml has made. I had 5mls in a 10ml band and the nurse took it up to 6ml and I did feel a bit disappointed when she sais she was only putting 1ml in but boy oh boy, so glad it is only 1ml as I'm struggling a bit with food, fine with liquids can only manage tiny bits of food so far. Not going to have a de-fill though as last time I felt like that it subsided after a week or so.

My fill was 10 days ago and although my previous ones did subside i dont think this one will. I cant eat 1 mouthfull so i am pleased to be having a defill.
hope you can tolerate food better soon.

Jinkles well done on your losses thats great just found out about different band types and then the size of bands so every one has different systems dont they.

Back