• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Head hunger and portions...

Porpo

Hi guys,

I'm starting to have more normal food now (6 weeks post op). But I'm having "head" hunger issues and also confused over portion sizes.

I'm not drinking before or during meals and I'm chewing and eating slowly and pausing and listening to my pouch and doing all the things advised but I've still managed to make myself uncomfortably full a couple of times.

Does anyone have any advice on this or how to tackle "head" hunger? My brother suggested counciling but I'm not sure.

xx

Its something Ive just started to experience again after seven months so I do sympathise. Sometimes I give into it by having a snack such as a piece of fruit or part of a piece of fruit - cant eat a full pear or apple now! Sometimes I try a hot drink - low cal hot chokkie or a sugar free snack. But honestly, Im contemplating having hypnotherapy once it manifests itself into a craving for something in particular - not sure if you can have hypno for head hunger without it interfering with real hunger. Just remember that this op doesnt cure your head - you will always have to fight that, it does stop you doing too much damage though!

If you stop eating as soon as you feel full, the first sign of feeling full, then you will be ok - we all overdo it sometimes and then the best thing to do is just relax until it passes. Always eat off a side plate and remember that you dont have to finish whats on it - I rarely do. You can always have a tiny portion and add more if you are still hungry

Thanks, I'm having problems getting used to the idea of only eating a tiny amount. I dont want to keep pushing it and stretch out my lovely new stomach though.

You would have to go some to do that. Remember that over time,you are able to eat more than you could at the start - thats perfectly normal. What would stretch it is having stuff like carbonated drinks or drinking and eating at the same time or not leaving at least 30 mins between drinking and eating. Dont worry

Back