• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hunger

sarahdia28

I had my op a week today started puree stage yesterday as advised. My dietitian said I shouldn't feel hungry for at least first month but I do but I'm confused if it actual hunger or cos I'm not drinking enough or all just in my head iv lost 12lb in first week

Physical. Had a drink and was still hungry so just had some yogurt ate just over half and feel fine now. Have started going out today had couple of walks only short ones thinking might be due to me moving more burning food up.

I felt physical hunger while I was on puree, but once I was on normal it didn't happen at all until about 12 weeks post op. Now it may happen once or twice a week.

On average how much fluid are you taking in ? this may help with the fullness feeling 1.5 to 2 liters is recommended. How many meals has your team recommended for you ? my team recommends 6 meals per day at 2-3 tablespoons of food. Its really early days for us and a also a chance to tune into our bodies as pre op I never had the feeling of fullness unless I ate a massive portion then would feel sick with it, so I think sometimes is not just about losing the weight its about getting our minds in tune with our bodies which is often a really hard part x

I'm defo getting enough fluids .... Team av recommend 6 meals 2-3 spoons but when I'm finished I feel I cud eat more:( x

i must agree it could be physiological.... I think over time this will change...

I think everyone is different chick, u could always ring ur team and explain that u could eat more and see what they recommend. Have u been getting the six meals in also the puree stage ur pouch emptys quicker, liquid type foods such as soup doesn't stay in the pouch very long so u might just be hungry, I think once we get on to softs it will be better then once we have something to chew on normal foods u may not get the hunger pangs x

Back