• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello All - Banded on Thursday!

danowen

Hi everyone

Thought I would introduce myself, I'm Hayley and I get banded on Thursday. I've been reading all the pages for a few days now and thought it time to make a contribution!

I have a question too, how long after surgery were you able to get the area wet/go swimming? I'm taking my 2 boys to EuroDisney in February half term and want to be able to go in the pool with them if possible.

I promise to be less of a lurker! You've all been fabulous inspiration.

Thanks.

Hayley, I would check with your provider. My incisions were glued and I couldn't get them wet for a week or two ... However, getting wet in your own shower/bath is totally different to immersing yourself in a public pool! Make sure the incisions are fully healed to avoid the risk of infection, would be my own view. Good luck on your weight loss journey :) and have a fab holiday :cool:

Welcome to posting :)

I was able to shower/bath immediately post op as I was glued, however swimming is different and it is also a case of letting the wounds heal properly, your provider will be the one to check this with :)

Welcome to being banded - I've had mine for 5 months and am loving it :)

Back