• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie being banded on the 22nd Aug!!!!

Lisalooloo

Hi All, well I say newbie, but I've been browsing on here for about a month!

I've found this site very inspirational and really supporting and I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

I'm being banded on the 22nd August so this Wednesday at DP with Mr Super
(hope he lives up to his name), I'm very excited actually can't wait. I've been suffering with insulin resistance and pcos for a long time, was about to be given an insulin pen for type 2 only 3 weeks ago, but its been delayed to see if this helps or not so my main goal besides lots of wonderful weight loss is to not be diabetic! Decided to go private as I felt I couldn't spend another day in a body that is,not mine lol and couldn't wait a moment longer to change my life so I can enjoy being a mummy to my 2 boys and a wife

Im Absouloutley terrified but in a excited way, good luck to anyone been banded soon, would love to know if anyone else is at DP on the 22nd

Lisa x

Hi Lisa I'm not a bander i'm a bypasser but want to wish you luck on your journey, I'm sure some banders will be along tomorrow to give you some good sound advice. bets of luck for 22nd will watch out for your posts xx

Lisalooloo said:

I've found this site very inspirational and really supporting and I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

(hope he lives up to his name), I'm very excited actually can't wait. I've been suffering with insulin resistance and pcos for a long time, was about to be given an insulin pen for type 2 only 3 weeks ago, but its been delayed to see if this helps or not so my main goal besides lots of wonderful weight loss is to not be diabetic! Decided to go private as I felt I couldn't spend another day in a body that is,not mine lol and couldn't wait a moment longer to change my life so I can enjoy being a mummy to my 2 boys and a wife

Im Absouloutley terrified but in a excited way, good luck to anyone been banded soon, would love to know if anyone else is at DP on the 22nd

Lisa x

Good luck Lisa, you'll be fine. I was banded on the 11th Aug and so far so good.

Becky x

Lisa, good luck! We share the same surgeon, and Im having my op on Thursday at Spire in B'ham, we'll be starting this journey very close together so always feel able to say hi :)

Good luck for tomorrow Lisa, i'm still pre-op so excited to hear how you find things x

Hiya. I was banded at DP on 3 August, the support and service the offer is really good. Hope you have an easy time nd quick recovery. Tracey xxx

good luck for tomorrow,you wont regret it xx

Good Luck Lisa, I will be banded on the 1st Sept. Thinking of you tomorrow and all the best.

Lots of people here have had a Mr Super so you seem to be in good hands

Jane x

Hi Lisa, im being banded at Dolan park tomorrow by Mr Super!! Im same as you nervous exited. I think my op must be late in the day because im being picked up tomorrow @ 7.30 from Torquay. :):)

Lisalooloo said:

Lisa x

Good luck for tomorrow Lisa x

Lisa x
Hi Lisa,
I have just joined this site so hello to everyone! I was banded at DP on 17/8/2012 and so far so good. Was looked after by Mr David Hewin and no problem. Im happy to say that so far i've experienced minimal trapped wind and discomfort. Im sick of fluids only and it's only day 4 post-op, never want to see a slimming milkshake again!!
Would like to hear from fellow DP clients to see how the aftercare is?
Many thanks

Hi Lisa, im being banded at Dolan park tomorrow by Mr Super!! Im same as you nervous exited. I think my op must be late in the day because im being picked up tomorrow @ 7.30 from Torquay. :):)

Best of luck today Truffle x

Good luck ladies, it's worth every penny xxxx

Good luck to you both! Its my turn tomorrow so I will catch up with how you're getting on, upon my return, x

Hi Lisa, I'm new to the forum but I thought I would share and let you know that I also have pretty severe pcos, and insulin resistance - so I will be following your footsteps soon. I have been told by my consultant that the surgery should reverse the insulin resistance within the first month post-op. Hopefully that will be the case for both of us!
Best of luck!

Back