• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello all, I'm new

Kimk

Hi I'm Kim, I have just joined this forum as I needed to find some support somewhere. I have found the posts here to be informative and helpful. I live in Cape Town, SA, but have not found any useful forums here to join. I had my Roux en Y gastric bypass surgery on 19th May 2011 and am 3 weeks post. Still on the pureed diet. I am surprised at how hungry I still get, was definately hoping for that to not be a problem after surgery. I look forward to chatting to everyone.

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

Welcome to the forum.

I know Yorkiegal had her op the same day (it's my birthday so it stuck in my head) so may be worth checking out her diary x x

Hi I'm Kim, I have just joined this forum as I needed to find some support somewhere. I have found the posts here to be informative and helpful. I live in Cape Town, SA, but have not found any useful forums here to join. I had my Roux en Y gastric bypass surgery on 19th May 2011 and am 3 weeks post. Still on the pureed diet. I am surprised at how hungry I still get, was definately hoping for that to not be a problem after surgery. I look forward to chatting to everyone.

Hi Kim and welcome.

Unfortunately, although our surgeons tell us that "you wont feel hungry", I still feel hungry and I know that lots of other members continue with feelings of hunger.

If only they performed a frontal lobotomy at the same time as the Roux en Y.:D !!!, it would save lots of aggravation later. On a more serious note Kim, you will learn to educate yourself to show restraint as you will not want to have wasted your surgery. You may fall off the wagon from time to time but will hop back on the straight and narrow to get your weight loss back on track.

Its so true, what has been said a thousand times before about weight loss surgery - it isnt a magic bullet but a tool that you can work with.
Good luck on your journey.

Hi Kim sorry I can't give you any advice as I'm pre-op but welcome anyway xx

Kim, more than likely it's not real hunger it's 'head hunger'. Try concentrating on getting your fluids in, so many people think that the most important thing is to eat when in reality early post op rest and fluids are the most important thing for us bypassers....

As for the hunger and food, just out of interest what kind of amounts of puree'd food are you eating? Also remember when you come of the puree'd stage and go onto solid protein you really will feel your restriction kick in. Use this site to learn all you can about life post op, and feel free to ask as many questions as you need too....

Good luck on the rest of your journey xx

Hi Kim, Welcome to the forum x

Hi and welcome, I'm pre-op but am trying to avoid grazing to kick the habit ready for post-op. To help the head hunger temptation I have taken to chewing sugar free gum when the munchies strike gives me so eying to chew without actually eating anything so far so good. Perhaps worth a try.

Hi all, thanks so much for the welcomes!
Sue, thanks I will have a look at Yorkiegal.
Suzzane, thanks for that, yes I guess I have to get around the "head hunger" and thats the tough part :)
Julie, Thanks for the post - my portion of pureed food is about 125 ml (1/2 a cup). I generally feel full after that but then am hungry again in an hour!
Penelope, unfortunatley they say I cannot have chewing gum as it might be swallowed and then block the opening, but i'm going to look out for sugar free hard sweets, something to suck on.
Thanks again everyone.
Kim

Kimk said:

Hi and welcome xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back