• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi I'm New

patsygirl2000

Hi, I'm Patsy. I have just joined the forum and am looking for support. I had Roux en Y gastric bypass surgery on 7th April 2011 so just about 9 weeks out of surgery. I've lost 4 st 2 lbs including my weightloss from my 2 week pre-op diet. I'm struggling at the moment still being sick after eating and last week some of this week too after drinking so am seeing my surgeon again on Friday to see if I need anything done. I am in Scotland and had my surgery at Ross Hall Hospital in Glasgow. i would like to hear from anyone who is around the same time from surgery as i am and how they are doing. Also from others who have had their surgery longer and if it gets a lot better.

Hi,
I cant help as i'm pre opper but just wanted to welcome you to the site, youve made a good choice x I'm sure there will be plenty of people along soon to give advice and support xx all the best xxx

Welcome to the site I am pre-op to but I m sure someone who can help will be along soon until they do check out a few diaries they are a great source of info, that may well elp you out as well.

Like the other two ladies, I'm pre-op too but wanted to say well done on your loss so far and welcome xx

Hi and welcome . . . I too had the RNY and around about the same time. You are doing ever so well with the weight loss ~ congrats. The residual effects of surgery (being sick and so on) are nothing to worry about – your body has undergone major surgery and will take months rather than weeks to normalise itself. I am careful (now) about what I eat and the volume . . . I have started to keep a food diary as I suspect I am eating way too little. I cooked the chicken wraps (all low fat, healthy option) for my children’s tea yesterday and decided to try one myself – I was able to manage maybe 1/5th before the ‘full feeling’ kicked in. What is your daily intake of food like ? xx

Hi and welcome.xx

Back