• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello everyone

Fiona68

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, I am having a roux en y bypass on the 18 August, I am looking forward to being healthy again and after only 4 days of yucky lipotrim shakes I can't believe I am also looking forward to the pureed food post op stage too! It's great to hear from people in the same boat, lots of reassuring advice and inspiring stories

Hi and welcome! All the best on the 18th, and the rest of your journey!

Welcome

Just wanted to say welcome and good luck x

Thank you all so much for the lovely welcomes, it's great to have found such a supportive forum. I love reading all your inspirational stories and hope I can be one too!!!

Thank you all so much for the lovely welcomes, it's great to have found such a supportive forum. I love reading all your inspirational stories and hope I can be one too!!!

I'm sure in time you will be :)

Hello Miss Shan, I see you'll be getting your procedure the Friday before me, hope your lsd is going well, I love your avatar, that is such a cute picture, I'm going to search the internet now for something cute like that.

Hello Miss Shan, I see you'll be getting your procedure the Friday before me, hope your lsd is going well, I love your avatar, that is such a cute picture, I'm going to search the internet now for something cute like that.

Hi Fiona thanks, yes 6 more days to go for me. I'm doing really well on my lsd, I thought it was going to be a lot harder than it has been. I think because I got my mind on my end goal it keeps me strong and sticking to it by the book. X

Hello and Good Luck xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi and good luck on the 18th. I had an RNY on 31 March...best thing I ever did

Lynn x

Fiona, How was your experience with Dr Cierny. Which company did you book it through. And more importantly, how is the weight loss going?

Hi there, I found the trip to the Czech Republic absolutely fine. Dr Cierny was brilliant and all the staff at the hospital were great too. My recovery was straight forward, I've had no problems at all. But I am a little disappointed with my weightloss, compared to others on this site I seem to be losing very slowly, I am following the eating plan to the letter, eating less than the normal amount if anything (rarely hit 800call a day, but careful to get 80g of protein every day). I just have to accept that this is the way my metabolism works, and be happy that I am losing something every week, but I don't spend as much time on this site as I did initially because I find it difficult not to "compare and despair".

So Dr Cierny and his team are great, as is Katerina Beckles who has a company called body clinic who organised everything for me, would definitely recommend them to anyone thinking of travelling to get the procedure done abroad, fraction of the cost here in Ireland.

Start weight 133kg
Week 1 pre op diet
Week 2 pre op diet
Week of surgery 126 kg (-7kg)
Week 3 post op 124.7 (- 1.3)
Week 4 121.4 (-3.3)
Week 5 121.3 (-0.1)
Week 6. 119.3 (-2)
Week 7. 117.3 (-2)
Week 8. 117.2 (-0.1)
Week 9. 115.4 (-1.8)
Week 10. 114.6 (-0.8)