• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hello from Scotland

hopefulmum

Hey everyone, I have just stumbled across your forum and am so impressed by the community here already, I have not even posted yet! Well I guess I am now lol

I am really new to everything and looking for somewhere to speak to like minded people who have a genuine understanding and empathy for what struggles we all have.

I have recently had some health issues which have made me really want to get moving on my journey to a more content healthier me and have been to see my GP last week who has referred me to the Weight Management Clinic I believe in Glasgow. Thats really about as much information as i have thus far and hoping there maybe some folks here from Scotland that can shed some light on how it all works, as far as I know it works very differently here than in England.

That aside, i am 30 and a mum to one. Just have a major enthusiasm now for a healthier life, one where I can enjoy anything I want to do and not be held back by my weight. I want to live and experience all that life has to offer.

I hope you are all well and cannot wait to hear from you and get involved in what seems to be the ideal place for me

HM x

Hi there,
Welcome to the forum, there's lots of helpful advice to be found here if you look around, and if you don't find what you're looking for there's almost always someone on hand to advise you.
There are plenty of folk at different stages of the WLS process including a lot of post oppers who are all happy to share their experiences, both good and bad with everyone.
Lots of luck on your WLS journey
Em xxxx :)

Hi Hopeful and welcome to the start of your journey

Oh I love Scotland!!!!!

hi thre and welcome to the site you will find loads of information here not sure what it is your looking for info wise ?

i am from edinburgh and have just went through weightloss surgery the system is slighty different here than in england not sure how it is through the west but here in the east you have to also attend various weight management sessions some one to one some group
it can take time but if you do as they ask you will get there

there is also a thing called a tier system wich nhs scotland follow instead of bospa guidlines though they are similar link below hope this helps any questions feel free to ask and i will try and help you
good luck on your journey

Weight Management Service

Back