• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hello ........omg i am having my op in 6 weeks !!!!

Tracey ( eyore)

Hi all

My name is Tracey, and i am 40 years old.
i weigh 23 and half stone at mo,and Torstens Olbers yesterday agreed he would actually do my op. i am having a gastric bypass if he can do it if not then it will be the sleeve.

i am so pleased as i was told the week before by another doc i may not be able to go ahead with surgery as i have other health probs.:sigh:
when i was told yesterday i could go ahead i cried, and although i am excited and looking forward to my new life i am so frightened, I have to start my pre op diet on monday, and my op is booked for the 20th july.

i would to hear from others of you who have had the op and anyone whos due to.
so pleased to of found this site
Tracey x:eek:

Hello Tracey and welcome to, well, errrr, here. People have different names for it :)

Congratulations on your impending surgery. Please have a look round.

I was in the same boat, going to have a bypass but had a sleeve as I was too large. It's been the best thing I have done and you can see by my figures, it works :)

Hi and welcome Tracey to this site. Everyone here is so friendly, and if you have any questions, go ahead and ask, someone will surely be able to help.
I am hoping I shall have my op in July also, so we can compare notes xxx

Thanks guys i am just finding me feet around here .......... well mixman your doing well!!!
hi jan .......... yes that would be great i am not sure if you can add friends on here but by all means add me i dont know yet how you add pics and details i am alittle lost

Hi Tracey and welcome.

Where are you having your surgery? I had my sleeve done at Charing Cross on 27th February and I'm very happy with it (most of the time - other times I get impatient!!)

Good luck and keep visiting here - it really does help! xx

i am having my op at charring cross too.................. actullay its more than 6 weeks its 8 i cant count lol but i start my pre-op diet tomorrow !!!

i am still at the stage of omg its nearly here am i doing the right thing ???!!!!

Hi Tracey, I know exactly what you mean, I keep asking myself the same question. I have been fighting to get the op for four years, was turned down for funding twice, and finally got given the go ahead earlier this year. One minute I am convinced it is the right thing for me, the next I am worried sick as to why I am putting myself through major surgery. Oh well, I am sure everyone feels the same doubts beforehand. I reckon we may be having the op around the same time, so that will be good to have mutual support with each other.
Take care xxxxx

yes jan it will, i cried when they said i could go ahead as i have a few other health probs and i need this op...... but the nerves are setting in ............
although i must say my surgeon is a lovely man

I thought it was probably Charing X hospital. They will look after you wonderfully there - they certainly have with me xx

tiarasandtantrums
thanks...............yes i must say on thursday they made me fell like i was the only one they were dealing with of i know this is not true...........but certainly helped make me feel better ........

do you go to the group meetings ??? i am not sure how often i could go as although only live in kent with traffic and that the journey to the hospital can sometimes be 3 hours each way ..........but thought i may try and make once a month or every other ....
wondering if it was worth it ???

I try to go once a month or so. It's good to get some feedback and I will definitely try to continue going xx

oh well maybe one day i will see you up there xxx prob wont be to sept as op in july and kids off school so when they go back i will try and come up x

That's great news Tracey - thetime will go so quickly and you'll soon join us on the losers' bench !

rose how you finding things since surgery .................good luck x

rose how you finding things since surgery .................good luck x

Feeling really good today, thanks ! :) Sore of course, but I came off the drip this morning and that was very liberating ! I've had no pain or sickness and feel better with each new day. xx

Tracey i am still at the stage of omg its nearly here am i doing the right thing ???!!!![/QUOTE said:
I must admit i thought the same, but turn it on its head and ask yourself if you are doing the right thing staying as you are? i know the answer for me was NO - i was eating myself into an early grave!

I know i am only just out of the starting gate, but already feel positive about the future.

Hope this helps x

wow karen you just had your op too well done and good luck

Good luck Tracy, time will soon fly past and you'll be on the losers bench... I'll shufty over for ya girl xxx

Back