• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

Mybizness

I am new here so hello everyone. I am 5 years post op and this was the best experience I can attest to. I had gastric bypass surgery in 2005

OOOO you're a VERY experienced post-opper! Hello and a big welcome to our lovely forum, and I look forward to picking your brains. xxx

I'm not sure if I am replying in the correct areas, I am new to this site, but I was down to about 143 lbs around 2006. I have slowly gained weight (now 168 -169) and maintaining that but still only being able to eat a little . I do want to lose to get back down to about 150 or so, but I haven't set my mind to do so. This is why I am here to give and to also get some advice on that. I already know what I need to do and that is eat healthier, exercise, and drink more water. I am still satisfied with where I currently am;-)

Thats so good to hear, I know youve put a little bit back on but Ive been so worried that after about 2yrs all the weight might come back on with a vengeance. Its great to know that if you work at it you can stay almost at target weight.........well done to you :D XX

Welcome Andrea ! You couldn't have come to a better place for support :) There'll be lots of people wanting to know about your journey as you're further out than anyone else here... but please tell us to slow down if it gets too much !

im terrified of putting weight on again, just ditched my size 14 jeans and am wearing tight size 12 , that should stop me eating so much lol

I know some weight gain is normal, but I do fear at times that I will put too much weight back on. The key is to do as the nutritionists say, eat right, exercise, and water. I haven't been doing that and still have been lucky to keep it off. My journey is not over and that's why I fear putting the weight back on. The good part is I know that it's still working for me because I am still not able to eat a lot. Sometimes I don't stop when I should, but for the most part I do because it's not a comfortable feeling and my head begins to hurt. I am happy that I still can't eat much, but I don't want to stretch my pouch out to be able to eat more. With that said, if I can just get serious about it at this point and do what I am supposed to do, I will do just fine. You all will do fine if you can follow your regime, exercise, stop when you are full, and drink your water. Take your vitamins and B-12 if your doctors recommended it and you all will do fine. We can do this!

Warmest wishes and welcome to the forum and hoping you well on your weightloss journey... sending love and hugs xxx

Hello hun and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your successful WL surgery...Im pleased to hear your maintaining so long post op! Well done you! :) Sally xxxxxx

Hi and welcome , well done on your weight loss you are still doing well , are you not expected to put weight on a bit after a couple of years ? i'm sure i heard that its your body finding its natural size ? could be wrong though so don't quote me on that lol xx

Back