• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP am i feeling hungry today just 20 days post op :(

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all was just wondering if any of u felt a little hungry early post op. I am 20 days post op and today for the first time i felt hungry, not massively hungry but def not head hunger.
This worries me big time, is it just me or is this normal and has happened to you.
I am following the pouch rules, so dont know what i am doing wrong think maybe i should do a week or 2 of just liquids, am wondering if its the carbs that are making me feel hungry just a guess as i have no idea :(
Thanks for taking the time to read my post, take care luv Roch xxx

Last edited:
Its not an actual hunger pang like i used to get, its kind of a weird sensation in my tummy that i think is hunger, i had a protein shake this morning at 6.30 and nothing else till 12 when i had a 1/3 tub of cottage cheese and now more than full.
Must admit have not had any fluids since the shake at 6, this is worrying me.
Maybe its the carbs as am on more carbs now on sloppy stage then on liquids and pre op alot of the times carbs would make me more hungry.
I think i might go back to the liquids stage for 2 weeks and up my fluids, maybe its not hunger and i am just confusing it with a similar sensation but to be honest i dont know and am really confused and a bit worried xx

Last edited:
Hi Roch,
I had my op 20/2/10, I wouldn't worry too much we are all different. I do think your hunger feeling could be actually be thirst, you don't seem to be drinking much, try upping your liquid intake it may help.
Best wishes Bunny xx

I wouldn't just go back on liquids Roch. Just try drinking more. I must admit that if I didn't drink out of a water bottle I probably wouldn't get nearly enough down me in the day, but it really does help me.

I easily get through 2.5ltrs a day and I also have additional fluid in my coffee's etc. I drink constantly even when not thirsty, making sure I stop 30 before and after I eat.

I had my op a week after you Roch and all this weekend I have had what I thought was an hungry feeling in my tum, not the sort I used to get before but similar, almost like the growling tum without the growl but the feeling there was one just around the corner if that makes any sense lol.
When the feeling got really bad I had a glass of milk as water didn't seem to make any difference to that feeling, with a small glass of milk it went. I also never seemed to get a full feeling after eating all weekend either, so I just stuck to the amounts I had been eating for the previous days and no more and today I have gone back to struggling to eat half my weightwatchers yoghurt for breakfast.

Hi Roch,
I had my op 20/2/10, I wouldn't worry too much we are all different. I do think your hunger feeling could be actually be thirst, you don't seem to be drinking much, try upping your liquid intake it may help.
Best wishes Bunny xx

Just spoke to a few friends of mine and they said the same thing, the past few days been bad with my water usually get 1.5/2 ltrs but the past 48 hrs lucky if its 3/4 ltr.
Thanks bunny and take care xx

I had my op a week after you Roch and all this weekend I have had what I thought was an hungry feeling in my tum, not the sort I used to get before but similar, almost like the growling tum without the growl but the feeling there was one just around the corner if that makes any sense lol.
When the feeling got really bad I had a glass of milk as water didn't seem to make any difference to that feeling, with a small glass of milk it went. I also never seemed to get a full feeling after eating all weekend either, so I just stuck to the amounts I had been eating for the previous days and no more and today I have gone back to struggling to eat half my weightwatchers yoghurt for breakfast.

Thanks Gail for ur post yes the same has happened to me, will def try the milk, take care xx

Hi,
Glad I'm not the only one with a growly tummy! I am certain its thirst not hunger for me. I am struggling to get all my fluids the most I have managed is just over a litre. But I am trying really hard and it is gradually improving.
Tiredness is the thing that is really bothering me. All I want to do is sleep. I know my surgery was open not laparoscopic but the exhaustion levels are ridiculus. Hey ho it will get better. (i HOPE)
XXXXXXX

Roch anyone would be hungry if you didn't eat between 6.30am and 12noon regardless of which surgery they'd had especially if you've had no fluids as well.

I do feel hungry but I have a cup of tea or a yoghurt and that solves the problem.

Roch, dont go back to liquids - that would be a step backwards in your recovery and its not needed unless you are in pain when you try to eat. I totally agree with all the others, you need to drink much more between meals - min 2 litres a day. It sounds like you are not eating enough either. Most people are on 5/6 "meals" in the early stages.

The growling sensation is common and something that doesnt seem to go away. Its not hunger. Ive only felt hungry once or twice since my op 7 months ago, but usually if I am out and cant find anything suitable to eat. I get head hunger ALL the time though and constantly have to fight the urge to graze. Hope that helps hun x

I too thought I was hungry early post op but as soon as I upped my fluids the feeling went.

hey hun well i am 10weeks post op and yes i feel hungry some days more then other days buts it hunger that i never felt before so im not sure what going on there im trying to drink more water now..hope it gets better for you..take care.xx

Hi ROCH
I know we have talked on the phone and i do still think you need to eat a bit more if your body is in starvation mode the stall will harrder to break try upping your intake with some of the the foods we talked about. It will happen and the stall will break you are just taking time to recover xx

Hi Roch :)

Youve been given some great advice, dont take a step backwards to liquids, it sounds like there is no need too, the yoghurt/sf jelly snacks sound a good idea and you defo need to up your water intake.

Try and stop worrying, I know its hard, but it's all normal it takes a while for you to tweak you intake.
Dont undereat though, I have this problem too, it does us no favours!

Good luck :)

Back