• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help ..... im in so much pain

sweetquietjox

I work 2 jobs and sit in front of a computer up to 10 hours a day and i think i may have presure sore on my bum and top of my legs, cant see any wounds but its sooooooooo painful to sit or even laid down, it alittle better if i lay on my side in bed.
I was just wondering if anyone has the same problem and if so what did they do or take.

i wondered if it was because im so heavy im stopping blood getting to that area, its making me so miserable because im in constant pain and i cant sleep at night as i cant get comfortable.

Someone please help :cry:

Poor you, sounds very painful.
You need to make an appointment with your GP my lovely x

ya i am seeing him at 4-40 but what can they do, u have to sit or lay dont u, how is it suppose to get better, i try and get up and walk around for a while to take the pressure off but the boss thinks im crazy because i should be sat down working x

I'm so sorry you're going though this. I hope your doctor can help. You may be able to get some adaptations for your seat through the employment disabilty services which could help. Special cushions are used for disabled people in wheelchairs which help to ease pressure. perhaps they could get you something along those lines. But you HAVE to also releive the pressure by getting up and moving about a little on a frequent basis.
I hope your GP can help. I think you can access Disability Employment Services through the local Job Centre.
I was provided with a special chair and other equipment when I worked. It did help.
Grace xxx

Hopefully your doctor will advise. I am sure there is some law that if you are sat in front of a computer you are allowed, and it is recommended that you take a break away from your desk every so many hours.

I work from home on a computer and am sat down for hours at a time, but I make sure that my chair is supporting my back (bought a little contraption from boots for under £10), and that I get up and move around at least once in an hour.

Apart from your body, your eyes need a break as well.

Good luck with your appointment this afternoon and hopefully you can get something to help.

Back