• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help please.. Worried

zebraaaaa

Hiya

Iv been on the pre-op diet for nearly 2 weeks my surgery is next Tuesday!
I followed the diet to the word! But a few dayas ago i received another letter with the diet i should have been following it was diffant to the one i was giveing at the hospital :/

The new one had poshion sizes and the fact i could have no milk and only white fish
I have been eating fruit and any fish i wanted (not fryed) and was drinking green cap milk about a pint a day. And i had been eating fruit in abundance and now only aloud 3 small opshions aday

I spoke to the hospital and was told just to do the new diet. Im so so so scared im gunna be knocked out and woke. Up with scars and no wls
Iv lost 25 pounds on that time
Just want to know what are my odd?
Help would be so appashated x
:mad::confused:

The different pre-op diets vary wildly but all have the same goal, to shrink the liver. So I am sure you will be ok with what you were eating. Well done on losing 25lbs, that is brilliant!! xxx

Diet

Hello petal

When I had my band about 7 years ago - I was put on the milk diet to shrink my liver - am a total non conformist and didn't diet at all - when I spoke to my surgeon after my surgery he told me what a lovely liver I had!! I am not advocating not dieting and think that the diet you have been following would have done wonders xx don't fret you will be absolutely fine xxxx ps don't tell anyone I didn't stick any diet ;)

Zebra ... We'll done on sticking to the pre op hun and for following your teams important advice. You are right in that it is very important to do so as not doing so can lead to you having an open bypass .. I had to sign a permission slip on my day of surgery to say they could do this if required. BUT DONT WORRY there are many different pre op diets and every provider has their own variations. It is not unknown for people to swap one for another halfway into it especially if they are having issues with say lactose intolerance for instance. Your initial pre op diet sounds just fine and the fact you have had such a dramatic loss in weight means you are doing something right ;). Stop fretting hun continue with your new pre op diet as laid out and you will be just fine :)
Good Luck!!

Last edited:
If you stick to the new one now you'll be fine you have been on the old one and it's the fat levels you go on for. And your diet is quite low in fat so your liver should be ok
Stay relaxed the hospital says it's ok
Take care its normal to worry
Good luck

Thank you people :)

Iv had my last visit to the hospital, and they was really. Impressed buy my waight loss so fingers crossed, Tuesday here i come x

That's great news zebra ... Good luck for Tuesday :)

Hi guys,

I had some complication with the gastric bypass so i had to have the gastric sleeve,anyone had this done? X

Back