• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please help!!!

becgow

I'm on day 8 of my 10 day pre op diet which I have done really well on.... Until today!! I have fell off the diet wagon today and now the guilt is eating me alive..... I have no excuse only that my mum (who has come up from Manchester to look after my 3 children whilst I go in for bypass this coming Monday as my husband is away with work until Tuesday night.) has been rushed into hospital with suspected liver failure yesterday.. The stress is immense as I am desperately trying to find care for my kids till dad gets home and worry and guilt about leaving my mum.. I feel sick now the food is inside me after being so good, I so hope iv not ruined my chances of having my operation now :( any advice??? please

Sent from my GT-S5360 using WLSurgery

Oh honey bless your heart I hope your mums ok, as for the diet a lot of people slip up on it and are fines babe just follow it to a t now you should be fine ... I'm sorry you have to go through all this so close to your op :( Xx

What is your pre op diet and what did you eat?

What is your pre op diet and what did you eat?

I was on milk diet with occasional salad and lost 10lb
Today I had 2 poached eggs and 1 toast 1potato cake and cheerios cereal :( plus milk and a banana :(

I could kick myself!

What's done is done! Just stick to it from here on in and hope that it's enough. You stuck to it for 7 days so maybe your liver has shrunk enough so they can do the surgery but you won't know until you wake up post op - fingers crossed.

Hope your Mam is ok x

Hey you will be fine. Just remember that some places dont even require a pre op diet. It is for the surgeon so that the liver shrinks enough for him to operate as it covers the area he operates on and he has to lift it out of the way. I had sugar in my coffee, 3 by the way! I couldnt handle the lack of energy and irritability the diet did to me! And I sweated buckets but the operation went really well. Our PCT only requires 1 week diet though, so we are very lucky, I know it avries across the country, some poor sould have 6 weeks of pre op, which I think is highly unfair.

:DI had the operation on Tuesday 27th March this year, forgot to say, its not on my stats at mo

If you go back to milk only you should be ok. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks delacey. I feel wretched tho! I hope all goes as well as yours seems to have. X :§

Sent from my GT-S5360 using WLSurgery

Hi Becgow

Im on the pre op milk diet- day 3 at the moment....mine seems to be different to others on here...as Im only allowed:
4pts semi-skimmed milk
2pts fluids (tea/coffee/sugar free squash/herbal teas/water)
1pt Jelly (sugar free of course)
Salty (one oxo cube, or a spoon of marmite, or stock cube in hot water)
1 Multivitamin tablet

Thats it a day!.....

When I get hunger pains, I have a milkshake (no added sugar crusha in my milk)....
When the food demons get in my head - I go online and read threads/posts on here or I keep myself busy at home.

Back