• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP! TIPSY AND OVEREATEN!

chinsaway

Hi..please excuse drunken text but as the title suggests that's the state I am in...then again, I have been worse,...I'm almost 9months post gastric bypass and 5stone down..happy with my weight would be an understatement..although now, I'm having a problem...tonight for example..since 6pm I have made my slow but steady way through a bottle of wine, bowl of chilli noodles ( I made, hardly any oil, not that matters in the scheme of things), and almost a full bag of doritos! this is the first time I've felt no restriction and to be honest, enjoyed every mouthfull! I know I've done wrong and may undo all the good i've done, just need some advice and guidance...I'm shocked to say the least at the amount i've drunk and eaten, as when I've had a glass of wine before, I've wanted to sleep before I could finish the second...tonight I could have drunk for England! I'm now going to have a glass of water and go to bed, a very guilty but happy woman!

Lol glad your happy...will you be happy in the morning though ?:p

methinks i'll be a tad hungover..more concerned about the amount I've found I can consume without feeling restriction,sleepy or drunk!

I'm sure it's just a one of Hun n ull be fine :) x glad u enjoyed it :) x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

The food is all carbs, washed down with liquids, so you will be able to eat a whole load more than if it were protein based. Carbs, especially simple ones like crisps and regular noodles, break down really quickly in your pouch to mush and go straight through.

Eating carbs with the wine will also allow you to drink more without feeling so affected, as having food in your intestines at the same time slows down the uptake of alcohols.

Basically, it's a killer combo for post op and not a great habit to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back