• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Everyone!

Nicolisis

Hi Everyone!

I just joined as my lovely Doctor called me half an hour ago to tell me that my funding had been approved by the North Yorkshire PCT. I'm over the moon!!! I am being referred to the Hospital at Sunderland (has anyone else had treatment there?) I am not sure which procedure I will ask for/be given - I need to lose about 14 stone to be my ideal weight - so probably a Bypass.

The reason for having the operation, aside from health reasons is my husband and I want to have fertility treatment, but they won't treat me because of my size.

I am looking forward to chatting and getting to know all the information I will need to help me through the challenges to come.

Love Niky x

Well done for getting this far. Welcome. Everyone is so fantastic on here.

Thanks Bellydancer57!

It's still sinking in at the moment - I know it's the right thing for me, which is making it a lot easier to process.

NHS referral patients (funded privately) - how long roughly did you have to wait to have your operations?

Hi Niky welcome to the forum and yayyyy well done on been accepted. Good luck for the rest of your journey. xx

Welcome to the forum. I had to wait 6 months from funding agreed to surgery x

Thank you everyone! :) 6 Months doesn't seem so long in the scheme of things really.

What courses/requirements did your surgeon make you take/do to have the surgery go ahead? I'm really new to all this so not really sure what I have to look forward to! :)

I had to see a psychologist and a dietician, a doctor, a wls nurse who had had wls herself, then prove to them I could change my eating patterns, then had an endoscopy and met one of the surgeons, met the dietician a couple more times then just had to wait for an op date, took about a year and a half in total! X

welcome niky xxxx fantastic news on ur funding .the time will pass quickly xx

Back