• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Folks ! Medication advice please ?

Clare*

Hello Lovely people,
I will be having a bypass soon-ish , and i take 27 pills a day (pain relief for spinal injury ) if i dont take them , i cant walk and am in dreadful pain, I have read that some people cant cope with tablets after surgery ? has anyone discoverd this ? and if so was it sorted in another way? I would be very happy to hear any stories.
BTW i am on Co-dydramol,Baclofen,Naproxen,Zomorph(tablet and liquid) Amitriptyline,Zopiclone and good old prozac! this is one of my questions for the hospital when i go on the 13th of may, but i thought i would do some investigating and educate myself in advance . Thanks for listening xxxx:)

There will be no problem,I took huge pills from word go_Only change is no anti inflams!

You might find that your tolerance for pain meds changes after surgery. I became allergic to codeine and penicillin after my bypass.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I was booked in for a bypass, but surgeon spoke to me a couple of hours before op and asked me to consider the sleeve as im epileptic. Even though its controlled he said he didnt want the malabsorbtion to stop my medication working effectively, hence had the sleeve. Have a chat with your provider/surgeon.

Back