• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi, has anyone had to swap tablets for trans-derma (patches) medication ?

Clare*

Good Morning , I had my first appointment at St Richards last week and i have been approved for surgery , the only concern was my medication , They said that if i took my tablets (27 daily) there would be no room for food, so they suggested Trans derma , i was wondering if anyone out there has had the same ? and how was the transition ? they mentioned that some tablets would have to be exchanged for others. I am very concerned as i have a complex spinal injury condition and have a good 'cocktail' that covers all the different types of pain,and the pills enable me to have a fairly active life. It would be awful if my pain increased post op ,as i cant walk without my meds.
I have written to my GP, Should i write to my Pain Management team too ? or should i just let them sort it ? St Richards seem to be on the ball ? any advice greatly appreciated ! xxxxx:confused:

I have a transdermal patch for pain management. However it really is not enough on its own. But it means that I can reduce the number of pills i take. I also have some of my pain relief in suppository form which is fantastic! I struggle to get even my regular pills and my vitamins down and keep them down so another way of getting any of them in is an improvement.

Back