• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Horrible taste in my mouth .......

deeby

Hi all
Every time i eat at the moment i get a really horrible taste in my mouth, i start to taste it as soon as ive had a couple of bites and it lasts for quite a while after ive finished eating too.
I even get it when i have a hot chocolate, its really strange.
I was wondering if anyone else has this and if anyone has any idea why and how long it will go on for ?
Thanks
Dawn
xxx

Yes I do. I suspect it's not eating and drinking enough honey. It's vile isn't it?

Yes I do. I suspect it's not eating and drinking enough honey. It's vile isn't it?
hi Charis :D
yes !! it is vile and its only just started the last couple of days .. yuck !! cant work out why though ? if it was all the time i could understand it but its only when i actually eat !! weird.com lol xx

hello there,

u know I got really horrid breath too...why is this?
Im not eating anything to cause bad breath like...garlic
I would be interested to know why I have stinky mouth time now..lol

I haven't had my op but could it be "ketosis"...??

Its infamous for bad breath and funny taste in the mouth...if
it carries on though I would get it checked out..
I have it with the diabetes..for me its like a metallic taste..and I feel like my mouth is watery all the time...xx

Reactions: Bev
hello there,

u know I got really horrid breath too...why is this?
Im not eating anything to cause bad breath like...garlic
I would be interested to know why I have stinky mouth time now..lol
ooo i know what you mean its yuck !!! xxx
Oh gosh doesnt sound good, hope you both sort it out soon.
Ill be looking out for tips xxx
Thanks Sugga , i hope so too lol :S xxx
I haven't had my op but could it be "ketosis"...??

Its infamous for bad breath and funny taste in the mouth...if
it carries on though I would get it checked out..
I have it with the diabetes..for me its like a metallic taste..and I feel like my mouth is watery all the time...xx
hmm what is ketosis ? ive heard of it but not sure what it is exactly and how would it cause this yucky taste ? its not a metallic taste just a weird vile taste ? and my mouths not watery really so maybe not ??? xxx

Hi dawn..
I am not sure on the dos and don't of posting links on this site..
just google ketosois... or keytones...
Its goes hand in hand with with a low carb high protein diet..(as in Atkins or the diabetic diet)..

get your gp to do a quick check for thrush, its quite common post op and you are still healing at only 3 weeks out. Just stick your tongue out at them!

Are you taking an antacid like zoton or lansoperazole?

Also you could try drinking pepermint tea for a while, that could help too.

Just a couple of thoughts.

hope it sorts itself soon hun

Jo x

Back