• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How big is yours?

lamornamiss

wants to be a loser
Hi
I had my bypass done as an open surgery (my pct wouldn't fund keyhole at Walsall Manor) and was wondering how big your scars are

Mine is 9 1/2 inches long :(

I've not had my bypass yet (although it will be laparoscopically when I actually get it), but my brother had a bypass in Aug 2009 and his was open surgery like yours. In the first photos he sent me the scar was about 10", but as he has shrunk (over 10 stone now), his scar has also shrunk and it's about 5" or so now I believe!

That sounds big! Poor you.
I was lucky and had keyhole so 5 little incisions.
Hope you are well x

OMG Wendy i wondered what you were posting there for a minute....

I'll let you measure mine in 23 days lol xx

I had keyhole and there fadeing well, julie are you have open bypass?

Mine was 7 and a 1/2 inches after the bypass but 7 weeks out and it has shrunk to 5 and 1/2 :) don't worry Wendy it will shrink with you

how are you feeling now, have you gone onto foods yet?

started on the mash now Linda yum yum LOL

I am going to see my GP on Friday as I think there is a stitch that is sticking out and giving me a bit of trouble.

Purple I hope your wound heals soon

I had keyhole and there fadeing well, julie are you have open bypass?

Hi Hannah, yes i am having an open bypass, my pct automatically fund which is awesome but they won't pay for keyhole... I do have concerns about infections as i'm diabetic and prone to them, but i have a plan of action ready to stop that....

1) Get up and mobile as soon as possible as much as possible...

2) Cross my fingers and pray like mad :) :8855: xx

I do come under Wolverhampton Tranquil... with only 3 weeks to go i am not going to ask now! I can't be rocking anymore boats lol xx

I've not had my bypass yet (although it will be laparoscopically when I actually get it), but my brother had a bypass in Aug 2009 and his was open surgery like yours. In the first photos he sent me the scar was about 10", but as he has shrunk (over 10 stone now), his scar has also shrunk and it's about 5" or so now I believe!

i wish it was as small as that Ang, it's 8 inches long, but as i've got a tanned belly at the mo, it's not overly noticable, the scar i can live with, the excess weight i couldn't, it's a fair trade off in my honest opinion!! ;) 100% better health or an 8" scar, no contest :happy036:

What? Oooooo, I could have swore you said it had shrunk more than that????? What was I thinking? Still, you are right thought, I'd rather have one large scar (or 4-5 smaller scars) which will all eventually fade to almost nothing, than stay morbidly obese & die from cancer, hypertension, cardiovascular disease or a hideous type 2 diabetes complication.

Still, you are right thought, I'd rather have one large scar (or 4-5 smaller scars) which will all eventually fade to almost nothing, than stay morbidly obese & die from cancer, hypertension, cardiovascular disease or a hideous type 2 diabetes complication.

EXACTLY!!

Back