• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How do you fit fruit or yogurts in?

SCOOBYDOOBYDOO

Hi all,
I am now 6 weeks post-op and have advised by my team to be having 3 meals a day with no snacks...also 2 portions of carbs, 3 protein, 3 calcium, 5 fruit and veg.
Now my problem or query comes from the fact that I can only tolerate such a tiny amount of food that by the time I've eaten the protein part of a meal theres not much room for anything else.
Do you think its ok to have a piece of fruit or a yogurt an hour or so after a meal just to get it in or should I not bother if I'm not hungry which I'm not usually.
Any thoughts of this greatfully appreciated, ta xx

i have fruit and yougurt for my breakfast or at night wen i feal like i want somethin...............kath x

I know where you are coming from, I am finding it difficult to eat a balanced healthy diet at the mo (4 weeks post op). Fitting it all in is a nightmare.

In my literature I was told to eat 3 meals plus 2 snacks and 1.5 litres water. I find it almost impossible. I was told by my dietian that she wanted me to eat at least 2 tbls of protein at each meal, which if I do, and I can, I dont have any room for veg, let alone yoghurt or fruit, but I always eat my protein first.

I do try and eat 1/4 banana a day, the OH has the rest.

I think we just have to hang in there, make sure we are taking our vitamins and things will get better....... hopefully.

Thanks all.
Fruit and yogurt for brekkie is a good idea.
Mary, I was told 3 meals and 2 snacks uo to 6 weeks post op and then to try just to eat 3 meals a day with no snacking...no problem really, the no snacking bit cos in between the drinks and meals I have no room!!

i was told snacking is fine, as long as it is healthy.

I was even told that today by my dietician, fruit is fine to snack on as far as she is concerned.

You could always ask your team if you are worried

.x.

It will come right as you get further out Leanne. At first you find that you just get the protein in then gradually you will find that you can add more and more varied. What we are told is the ideal but in reality while you aim for that you can only do what your pouch allows. Its the concept of 3 meals and 2 snacks thats the ticket and not to start grazing through the day to get it all in as that just becomes a habit. Plus note to self no need to do it when you are 15months out either M!!

You are doing brillantly

M

Thanks for the excellent advice lovely people x

Back