• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How do you start your day?

fayz

Hi am just 5 days out of surgery. Recovery is painful but everything is healing as it should. Mornings are fine while I'm off work as I spread everything out but when I go back not work not sure how to fit everything in. I'm interested in how people take medication they need to take on an empty stomach, have a drink, eat breakfast and take other meds. How do you start your day and fit this in without getting up extremely early.

When I get up I have a cup of tea. That's 7 ish. I take my tablets including my vits on an empty stomach with a glass of water. I have my breakfast at work at 9 ish and another cuppa 10 ish :)

I take my tablets, go to work, then have a cuppa. Half hour after my drink I have Fage Greek yogurt with grapes and strawberries.

Thanks everyone this helps, will def need to think about breakfasts to take with me. What's fage?

Your welcome. I usually buy the 500g tubs. I use it to make salad dressings and instead of dour cream in fajitas too.

I have total for breakfast too with strawberries at the moment and honey and a bit of granola.

Have just googled fage (sorry Paula should have thought to do this earlier) I recognise the packaging and there are some amazing recipes on the website. Although I'll give the chocolate and cheese cake recipes a swerve. The protein content looks great too so will def include this into meals ?

I use the 0% type and buy the smaller tubs that are easier to carry to work.
I fortunately only take my multivit so I have I protein shake for breakfast at 6 and a fage at work around 10.

I find the 0% a little too sour. I just bought a small tub from dunelm to put my breakfast in for work. Personally, I think the bigger tubs are better value for money :)

There is a new brand called Liberte (sainsburys and morrisons), very similar nutritional value to total, but a bit cheaper. They do the big tub and a 4 pack of 100g pots in strawberry and blueberry. Very yummy.

The days I work, I have a protein shake around 6.30 on my way to work. When I get to work around 7 I have a cuppa and my vits (lucky not to have to take any other meds). Then I have second breakfast around 10 on my first break - this is normally something like breakfast biscuits and cheese triangles, a banana or a pot of yogurt.
The days I dont, I have a coffee followed by a nice cooked breakfast maybe eggs and bacon or beans,

Thanks everyone. I thought I'd done tonnes of research before the op but there is so much more to learn x

3 tubs a week? I thought I was doing well with one big one! I just bought a round tub with a separate compartment to keep it from going soggy on the way to work. It's fab!

This time of year 0% gage 100g plus 50g granola. Otherwise 2 dry fried rashers of bacon, egg, mushroom & cherry tomatoes. Or instant porridge sachets with 25g extra sultanas zapped with 180ml semi skimmed milk. All very yummy.

Back