• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how hungry are you now? Bypassers

alberqueque

Hello all - hope everyone is well and happy. So i was wondering how hungry people feel after a few weeks on compared to before op. I still get "hungry days" and i worry terribly about this. I am eating the following and would love to know how it compares:
Break - some Weeabix minis,
lunch - soup
mid afternoon - yoghurt or smoothie
tea - scramled eggs, mash or a little bit of dinner
mid evening maybe another yoghurt
Please share your eating habits - i think it can be great for us all to learn

Thanksxxxx

jan i had this problem and was worrying cos i was getting quite hungry. i spoke to the dietician about it and she said i wasnt eating enough at meal times...my diet wasnt much different to yours....soup for lunch probably wont fill you as it goes straight through...how funny being told to eat more (love it!!) x

Jan, for someone who is 4 weeks post op, I'd say that what you are eating now is fine. Lots of people say they feel hungry at your stage but this should improve as you start to eat more "solid" food that wont just go straight through the pouch.

Great weight loss already so you must be doing OK xx

am 8 1/2 months post op, and it is extremely rare for me to feel genuinely hungry. I get emotional hunger, and thirst, but I can easily not eat. Which isn't necessarily a good thing!

Im 12 weeks post op and I haven't felt hungry yet, don't even think about food now

Today I have had half a jacket spud with some prawns in sauce and for tea I just had 1 toast with mushrooms and a pouched egg. I tend to eat now cause I have to not cause I want to

I get confused between hunger and thirst. But my daily intake is far far less then pre op. My downfall at the moment is wotsits, I only have one bag a day, compared to 3 or 4.

am almost 3 months post op and still not hungry, have the occasional bout of sniffing delicious food and wanting it, but not hunger. If anything i have just increased what i was eating and thats boosted my metabolism. With my thyroid being massively underactive if i do not eat enough it goes to sleep on me and i end up putting weight on (or i have in the past)

HiYa,
I am 4 months post Op on Saturday and still not hungry at all, I have to force myself to eat, but then I do feel head hunger at times and feel like i want something sweet, but again, I think it could be thirst as I really do need to drink more. x

today i had

1 slice of toast for breakfast
1 banana mid-morning
3 sushi rolls for lunch
half a sausage, mash peas and onion gravy (child size portion)
I'll be having a few grapes later this evening

Thats pretty much a typical day fo me and i'm 9 weeks post-op - No idea if this is good or bad as i haven't seen a dietician yet but thought i'd post an average day in case it helps you x x x

Lisa take a look on daily menus, there some of us are posting what we have eaten every day chucks. x

cheers chick x x x

Hiya

I also didnt get hungry for the 1st 6 months maybe a little.

But now im 1 year post op i get hungry alot and i enjoy my food even though its still small amount.

As for my meals

Breakfast glass of milk when i wake
After a hour or 2 ill make something wholesome maybe some gammon with mushrooms.

Lunch little steak with fresh veg
a snack mid afternoon

Dinner Any kind of meat with veg
or sometimes a takeaway :p :break_diet:

I could do better but i feel eating is alot more controlled sinc ethe bypass and im not gaining any weight as yet. if i do then ill be on it like a rash

Back