• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long did YOU have to do the Liquid only phase?

Muffintop83

Im on liquid only for 4 weeks,Bospa advise different and I know that hospital to hospital vary...Now im not even thinking of Breaking my 4 week liquid only rule but the Question is how long did you have to stay on Liquids only?

Did you cheat at all?

Hit me with your answers you lovely lovely people.

I had to do 3 weeks liquid, 3 weeks sloppies and then introduce solids slowly. :)

It's only 2-3 days liquid and straight onto puree for 4-6 weeks at rakelane. For both sleeve and bypass. X

1 week fluid, 1 week sloppy, 1 week puree, 1 week mashed then slowly introduced "normal"

I wonder why it varies from hospital to hospital?

It would be great if they could have some universal rules!!

I feel so crappy on liquids only,Tea,Coffee,Milk,Squash(nas),Oxo(i cant drink that thought blurghhh!!)And sugar free jelly(Blurghhh too!)...I feel like im going mad!...Im nearly 2 weeks post op and cant believe i have another 2 weeks to go.

I wonder why it varies from hospital to hospital?

It would be great if they could have some universal rules!!

I feel so crappy on liquids only,Tea,Coffee,Milk,Squash(nas),Oxo(i cant drink that thought blurghhh!!)And sugar free jelly(Blurghhh too!)...I feel like im going mad!...Im nearly 2 weeks post op and cant believe i have another 2 weeks to go.

I was very naughty and licked philadelphia off a spoon at 3 weeks post op :p

Guide was 2 wks liquid, 2wks purree, 2-4wks soft food then solids.
What actually happened was 1wk liquids, 1wk purree, 1wk soft foods then solids by 4wks a fair mix of textures really but as we were away from just before 5wks post op I needed to be on solids.

I asked the dietician only this week why it was so different, hospital to hospital - surely the same op should have a standard procedure!?!

She said that all the dieticians had got together as a group and formalised the diets as all the surgeons had their own ideas as to what was best for their patients - however the surgeos still all said that their way was best and so we still have this anomilay (sic)

day after op clear fluids, day after that had sloppy weetabix for breakfast and mash with gravy for lunch (given by nurses on the ward) then been on purees since and due to start soft food stage on xmas day, (although i have been very naughty today and had 2 crackerbreads with a slice of cathedral city cheese on each that went down lovely and were the nicest thing i could have imagined! and touch wood no ill effects from it)

2 weeks liquids, 2 weeks purée, 2 weeks mashed, however Bariatric nurse told me to go on purée 5 days early. I am now 4 and a half weeks and been sneaking in a few nuts for 2 days, and chewing to death beef and chicken, been fine on everything. I had a costa coffee 2 hours after waking up from op. Told I could drink freely immediately after waking.

I was allowed 60ml an hour after op. The next day free fluids, day after on to pureed for 4 weeks. Then mashed for 4 weeks after then on to solid at week 8-10
I don't feel full on the puree ad would like real food but I was told the reason they do it this way is it gives me the best healing chances so being good. Also I am not hungry its just in my head.

I am on day 9 of the liquid stage which i have to do for 2 weeks, then 2 weeks puree, then 2 weeks soft. I can then introduce normal food slowly x

I'm on 2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks puree and 2 weeks mash before introducing solids but to be honest, I've been introducing things a bit earlier due to circumstances but everything that I've eaten apart from a boiled egg yesterday has been fine. I've chewed and chewed until things are far more mashed than they would be if I mashed them with a fork and have gone down fine so I'm not feeling bad about it.

Kate x

I was on 4 weeks liquids but I had soups which were nice and filling and hearty. I also made stews etc and had the gravy from them, it was so nice plus added a tiny amount of mash potato.

I understand why you are on liquids but I am sure a liquid is defined as anything that can be sucked though a straw with ease.

WW soups are good ones to have as they are low fat low cal and not too many bits.

Also you cold try a milkshakes made with crusha, fruit juice ( might need to dilute it). Or an options hot chocolate drink with added skim milk>

Wendy

i had my op at Charing Cross Hospital and i was on liquids for 10 days, and i am on pureed until week five which is 31st Decemeber, then im on soft diets until week 12..then on regular diet after that x
i had tinned soups for lunch and dinner on liquid stage, just put them through a sieve if have bits in like chicken and mushroom x

I admit i caved today and had a lick of a laughing cow cheese triangle

Oh my god my mouth tingled......

Im so naughty

Back