• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long do u newd to do the pre op?

bypass2012

Hi guys, just a quick question... My op is the 7th march do I only have like 8 days to do my pre op diet (high protein) is this definitely enough time to shrink my liver?

Hi
I have heard people doing the liver shrinking diet for a week,it varies a lot from surgeon to surgeon.
I did mine for 4 weeks it was hard!

Each surgeon have their own ideas on this one, some insist that the pre op is done for weeks others days.

If your team has told you that this is when to start then they must feel its enough.

Good luck for the 7th :):)

Erm just protein so like chicken fish eggs? I'm gonna need to be really strict cause it's only 8 days away. Just found out on Friday didn't realise it was so soon.

I didnt know there was a high protein one, you should do well on this kind of diet as protein keeps you fuller. Wish mine had been high protein.
Kim

They cant tell till they open you up, Its only a slim chance it wont go ahead, you can do no more than stick to the diet and remember even if the worst was to happen they would re- schedule. On the day of my op the surgeon said to me if my liver was too big they would insert a balloon and i would come back in 3 months for the op, i was petrified i was going to wake up with a balloon. Odds are its going to be fine.:)
Kim

Hun i did only 9 days on my pre - op diet and was totally fine!
I did high protein low carb and in 9 days lost just over 9lb , then when was 6 weeks post op had lost 3 stone! Amazing!!
My surgeon said liver was in great shape xx
Stick to the diet and you'll be fine xx

Omg that's great that's made me feel SO much better!! I'll be very strict and should be sorted :) thanks :D

No probs xx
I go back for my 3 month assesment on the 8th! so will be thinking bout you xx :D

i have to do my diet for 2 weeks and I can eat limited carbs 30g uncooked and 75g chicken or 150g steamed fish. I am dreading not shrinking my liver enough.

Good luck with your diet and your op, hope all goes well.

Emma xx

Back