• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long is your longest stall ?

rybens

yorkie puddin!
Right im fed up well and truley!!!! in the last three weeks iv lost 1lb im due to go on holiday in two weeks and have been trying hard to get to my 100lb loss which dont look like its going to happen:cry: my protien is good and iv even added a shake on a morning to push my intake to about 70g a day over the last 2 weeks because iv been working full time iv managed more water but maybe less exersize , iv started this back up again over the weekend 45mins on the wiifit for the last few days and added 30 mins on cross trainer from today . The last stall i had that lasted this long was when i was about 7-9 weeks post op which you expect because it is classed as the normal and your body is catching up, but im now close to six months post op and im very scared iv missed the boat and my honeymoon period is over.
So what im asking really is did any one post six months begin to lose weight steady again after a big stall and is it normal to have such long stalls at this point, getting mega scared that this is my lot and ill be like this forever:cry: sorry for a misery of a post lol

I am sure the weight loss will kick in again Hannah. Someone will be along soon to comfirm that I am sure. (((hugs))).

Hannah, like you I hit my first stall at around 6 months. It lasted for 3 1/2 weeks and I didnt lose an ounce in that time, despite running several times a week, never overeating, being good with fluids etc etc. Miraculously somehow after my stall I dropped 12lb in a fortnight, and then I went on to lose a 1lb or 2 each week again. Im now in another stall and have lost nothing for nearly 3 weeks. Im hoping it will just start moving again of its own accord, but if it lasts for more than another couple of weeks I'll probably use something like foodfocus.co.uk to track my cals/protein etc for a week or so just to make sure my eating is still on track.

Hang in there hun - I think we are both too early to be done losing yet.

It all depends on timing etc. When your weight gets lower, the changes can be dramatic or non existant. On mondays, for the past 3 weeks, I've been the same weight. But I know I've lost anything up to 7lbs in between these official days. This is 11 months post op for me. And that's still with over 100 miles a week on the bike and sticking to the eating plan like an angel.

Don't worry. These things will pass and you'll be smaller but stronger for it :)

I dont like the term 'stall', it puts you in such a negative head space and puts so much pressure onto you, I just HATE that word and I will explain why.
In the first couple of months post op I hit a 'stall' for a couple of weeks, I actually put a pound ON and was mortified. I was weepy, angry and a bit of an emotional wreck, I knew deep down that the loss had to start again but there was that part of my brain that was used to losing a stone or two and then stopping and putting the weight back on and nothing that I did could silence that voice inside that was calling me a failure. Obviously the weight loss started again and actually, it was at that point that I decided to chill out, the weight loss WILL happen, even if it is at a slower pace than most people, I was actually disappointed when the 'stall' was over when I didnt feel elated, I felt relieved but not elated and it really did make me view things differently. So it is for that reason that I hate the term 'stall', I have seen how it affected me and others on this forum and so I just dont use the term any more, I dont stall, I have slow periods of loss and some weeks where I lose nothing at all but I refuse to say that I am stalling, it has such a negativity about it.
My weight loss has slowed right down recently too, Im getting lucky to lose a pound a week this past few weeks but thats fine, I have my entire life to get to goal and to work to stay there, this isnt a timed journey so putting pressure on to get it all done by a certain date just isnt helpful to me and I am sure that others feel the same, so we should really try to not set dates for things or set ourselves up with timeframes for losses, we are just setting ourselves up for upset so we should just stop doing it to ourselves, easier said than done I know.
Sorry if I climed up onto my soap box there, I just dont like to see people feeling down about this stuff, you WILL lose more weight, a big old pile of it I bet, just try not to impose time limits on yourself, it just puts pressure on you and I actually feel that stress makes the journey harder, you WILL lose more weight, even if it isnt galloping off at a fast pace, you WILL xx
Steph xx

Hi Hannah i stalled at the very beginning for about 2-3 weeks and am currently on my second stall which so far has lasted about 2 weeks, bloody frustrating aint it!!!!!!!!!!!, but we know from reading all the other guys threads that when it kicks back in the weight loss will be fab xxx

Hi, I have only lost one measly pound since the beginning on April and its really peeing me off. I am 7.5 months post op and am thinking that this is the weight I've meant to be or its cos I'm past the 6 month honeymoon period.

By chance I was at the hospital on Friday with my Aunt who was also having a bypass and I bumped into Mr Ammori who did my op. We were talking about my weightloss and he said Oh but you've still got a bit to go? I wasn't too happy with this cos I am wearing a small size 14 and think I've only got about another 10 lbs to go. I felt he said if like I must still look really fat. Anyway I also asked about my slow weight loss and he said I might still lose something for the next couple of months but not a lot. Again I wasn't happy. I don't know if what he says is true as others on here are continuing to lose weight steady after the 6 month period.

Sorry for rambling on and stealing your post, keep doing what you are doing and am sure it has got to come off.

Stephanie, you are so right. I feel that we are eating less so the weight must come off and I certainly don't want to feel the stress of how it was before I had the bypass and the awful relationship I had with food.

Hi Hannah, my 1st stall was week 4-6 post op then i lost on average 10-12lbs a month until december when i was 6 months post-op i stalled for the whole month! Then since January i have lost an average of 7lb a month, so pleased try not to worry. I am now having my third stall!!!!!!!!!

I've given up worrying about it - I stall all the time, I'm whats refered to as a clumper, don't lose weight for weeks on end than I have a 5-7lb drop.

It is frustrtating and it did used to get me down - my cure was to stop weighing myself, I know I'm losing weight, I can tell by my clothes.

Just relax and forget about it, your not going to put on loads of weight and it will come off eventually, these things take time, so chill, there's no rush.

Hide the scales for a while, it worked for me xxxx

hi all, my body took a breather (hate the word stall so look at it another way!) at 6 weeks post op and has continued to have periodical breathers up to now. I went on holiday for 2 weeks to Italy and ate what I wanted and came back 2lb lighter and have lost another 2lbs in 5 days! I think my body is happier when I eat more as it seems to kick start my weight loss. I'm nearly 6 months post op and have gotten used to this routine of losing and then taking a breather (I think of when I exercise and stop for a drink and take a breath - my body is doing the same in these times). It will move again - it has to as we aren't eating enough to stay the same. When I did weightwatchers I was eating far more and still losing weight but occasionally stalled so I assume this will be the same

I too have had a couple of "periodic breathers" ( like that term Stella) nothing major and nothing for longer than two weeks! I know we are all individuals but it seems there are some big differences between us along the way. I have read posts where people up protein, eat less, up exercise to try and up the weight loss and then there are the people like me who have never counted the calories, never counted the protein( never used protein shakes) and (not rightly so) but my exercise routine is sadly lacking and continue to lose steadily. I'm not sure why that is, cause there doesn't seem to be a common thread ie same surgeon, same starting weight etc! Hannah you have done really well and aren't far away from that 100lb mark, i understand the frusrtation when you set personal targets and don't achieve them within the timescale but think how much thinner you are this time for your holiday compared with the last one. You will knock em dead girl! Andrea, i'm sorry Mr Ammori upset you with his comments you too have done really well and you will both kick in again on the weight loss front you still have time left so try not to worry, Big hugs xx

Hi Allie

I really don't think he meant to upset me, I think he just says it and sees it from a medical point of view and his accent can be a bit difficult to understand. On the positive all the nurses couldn't believe that I had had a bypass and thought I was perfect! LOL

i've lost nearly 11 stone now, my surgeon mentioned to me that the surgery only helps you lose approximately 75-80% of the excess weight, and the rest will be a slow process of losing it, i'm dis-heartened at times to not see the scales move as fast as i'd expect (after all i'm eating chuff all comapred to what i did and exercise a damn sight more than before), in fact the scales hardly move at all now, but i look at it along these lines, it's a marathon not a sprint, so if it takes me 12 months to lose my last 4 stone or so then so be it, some weeks i may lose a pound, others 2, others none at all, but i'll get there, by hook or crook, i'll get there!! keep at it, the hard work is mainly done, just a little bit of perserverence, and you'll reach your goals ;)

i've lost nearly 11 stone now, my surgeon mentioned to me that the surgery only helps you lose approximately 75-80% of the excess weight, and the rest will be a slow process of losing it, i'm dis-heartened at times to not see the scales move as fast as i'd expect (after all i'm eating chuff all comapred to what i did and exercise a damn sight more than before), in fact the scales hardly move at all now, but i look at it along these lines, it's a marathon not a sprint, so if it takes me 12 months to lose my last 4 stone or so then so be it, some weeks i may lose a pound, others 2, others none at all, but i'll get there, by hook or crook, i'll get there!! keep at it, the hard work is mainly done, just a little bit of perserverence, and you'll reach your goals ;)

I love this Mark. Fabulous attitude and its given me a bit of a shake up. Ive been feeling sorry for myself as the scales are stuck at the mo, and have been for a few weeks, but you've made me think that actually, its not a race, and if I keep working hard, it will come off eventually. Thank you

I know what you mean I have only lost 7lbs in the last 2 months I wouldn't worry to much if I didn't have so much still to lose. I do hope you start losing again soon as it does get a bit frustrating, maybe I should lose the scales for a while as well. Take care and enjoy your holiday you are so nearly at there.

Jeanx

Back