• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how many calories?

Dell

I've not properly looked into this, our diet sheets don't mention it, they only specify 3 meals a day, no snacks.

It just came up because I've stated having a smallbag of crisps as a treat and said to DH I'm stopping as its not good for me. He pointed out in the grand scheme, 130cals isn't going to stop me losing weight...so we added up my average daily intake and its abput 600-800 call a day, even if I have had a small bag crisps.

He says its not enough, I have no idea. I feel fine other than a bit of postural hypertension most days.

Not sure how to up my calories, or if I need to. Thanks for any advice xx

Dell i have no idea how many calories you should be having. As far as i am aware nobody has ever been told how many calories to have. I struggle to see how people can manage on 800 calories a day if you count milk etc but then you've only a little tum... When i was counting calories i was around 1300 - 1500 and i feel a right pig for having so many!

I really don't think a packet of crisps will do much damage to you, especially with the minimal amount of calories you have xxx

I dont think 800 is enough.....it will make your body go into starvation mode. I wasnt told not to have snacks Dell, I was told 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. Funny how they all sat different isnt it? :D XX

I was told to have snacks too, but healthy ones like milk, cheese, yoghurt or fruit.

It's not so much about calories, but about the quality of the food we eat.

I think the thing is, because we can eat so little, we need to focus on eating healthy food and not 'empty' calories. Crisps are 'empty' calories: carbs and fat with little nutritional value.

Please don't think I'm being judgemental. I real like crisps too, but I'm trying to not get back into the habit of eating them!

Thanks all :) definitely not Intending to make crisps a regular feature, but I do love them now!

I'm not too into calories so as I know I'm following the ideas if portion size and protein etc I'll carry on as I am. Not going to start snacking tho, it was one of the things we were expressly asked to stop preop and I dont miss it at all. It is odd how all hospitals are so different tho isn't it?!

Xxx

The only thing i read on the back is sugar content, i dont bother with anything else. we were told for the first 2 months that we could have snacks but after that should be on just 3 meals a day, but they never mentioned how many calories xx

Back