• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How many cals in this?

Daisyhappy!

Hi guys.
I've been getting soup around in the local cafe and i asked the girls what's normally in it, it's freshly made and they said it's literally just veg (carrots, mushroom, etc depending on the day) and that all they add it some milk sometimes.
It's about a cup size, maybe slightly less.
How many calories should i estimate this as?

am i right in thinking you have not long had your op?if im right you dont need to be worrying about calories... all you need to concentrate on is having your 3 meals a day, your snacks if you have them and keeping up your fluids... calorie counting is for when your on normal diet xx

Depends what they're not telling you. Are they frying the veg in oil first? Is their sugar or flour in the mix? If no fat or sugar, literally just vegetables, then it's negligible calories and you don't need to count them.
If they add milk is it full fat or skimmed? I would be wary of what they tell you as they obviously don't want to put you off getting it. Take a careful look at the soup with the light shining on it and see if you can see any oil floating on the surface.

sounds right to me but calories are a thing of the past now,at your stage you cant physically get them in!

oh im a bypasser too... sorry lovely... for us bypassers calorie counting isnt as important as watching our fat and sugar contents... i should of asked i you was a bander... ok ignore my last comment lol xxx

Sounds yummy soup and shouldnt be many calories if home made, as long as they dont cook the onions and veg in butter before adding the stock. Good luck with your band keep counting them calories !!

Thanks Ruthie, its Munchies sh don't know if you have it over in the UK but they claim to be all very natural. The soup is very watery, very home made looking and tasting. I dunno what to count it as, I've been estimating it at about 200-250 just incase.x

I would say that's far too many; if it really has no fat or sugar in, more like 100 calories.

The soup sounds lovely - I think you are wise counting calories now and also being over cautious with how many are in the soup.

But then what do I know....................... lol

How are you finding life as a bander? xx

Im loving life as a bander but Im a little bit scared any time i feel hunger that the old me will take advantage of the fact my band isn't full etc but its funny cos on what i feel are bad days i hate maybe 1100 cals and feel terrible, then i remember that in the old me bad days id probably have double that on a normal day!
I also realised i didn't have my truck slim fast this morning, instead had a yogurt and it really made a difference hunger wise!x

To be safe why don't you make your own? I have a really quick easy recipe.. not chopping and risking cutting yourself!

Bag frozen butter nut squash (99p)
Bag of soffritto (89p)
Throw it in a roasting tin - splash of olive oil
Roast until browned gas mark 180 approx 40 mins.
Add 500mls stock - blitz
Lovely jubley!
If you are not too concerned about cal's add a mini tin of low fat coconut milk.
Good fats and veg and works out pence per portion - keeps a good week in the fridge.
xx

Back