• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much time off work?

dizzybizzi

Hey all,

Just wondered how much time you all had off work after your ops?

I told my work I would need 3 weeks but the nurses on the ward were surprised I wasn't told longer.

I am a primary school teacher and work with 5 year olds! I teach everything-PE/Music/Science/Dance club/play duty etc etc. All the chairs and tables are very low and I teach a few children with special needs (who could quite easily run in to me or bash me).

The Doc has given me a note (to go back after 4 weeks) but I don't know if I need that long off or not. I went for a long walk yesterday and came back aching and sore. I am still sore today, but as I feel ok apart from that it's hard work out how long I will need.

Please reply as I would like to get more of an idea as to how long people have taken to heal and be ready enough for work.

Thanks everyone xxxxx:p

I was off for 2 & 1/2 weeks but my job was office based. I coped but felt I could have done with longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I was going to ask exactly the same. I think im going to take 2 weeks and the go back reduced hours but my job is also office based! xx

My hubby went to the Doctor and was signed off for 6 weeks instantly! The doctor said while you may feel ok you still have to heal inside and it's not worth taking any risks!
I thought it would be about 4 weeks but the Doc said 6 weeks straight away!

I had my by pass done last tues.I went back to work yesterday,although I started back last thurs,doing office work.I am a manager of a pub,so yesterday was my first shift,behind the bar.
Tracy x

Wow-thanks so much for all your replies.
6 weeks sounds good!
Tracy-can't believe u are back behind the bar already!
Karen-what does your hubby do?

I keep forgetting abut healing internally! I picked up a 2 yr old the other day and suddenly thought-ouch thats a bit uncomfy! Then I realised y!!!! Doh!
xx

I'm hoping 6 weeks will be enough when i have my wls x

Back