• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hungry!!!

cathykats

I dont know why but I'm sooooo hungry today . I feel like I could really do with eating something.
I'm liquid diet until Tuesday only 4 more days to go. x

Hi Cathy, I hope this is a sign that you are on the mend. Roll on - only 4 days to go. Take care. Cheers

Hi cathy , how are you finding your new sleeve , how much are u finding u can eat .? Can't wait to have my sleeve

Heya I'm feeling much better thank you Cost :) & Tracey I did have a few days where I was finding it really hard but it's not too bad .
Today I've had 2 cups of options hot chocolate with extra milk for protein
3 bowls of soup 200ml each no lumps
and 1 bottle of water.
I can't wait to get on to puree stage :) good luck with your sleeve guys :) x

Thanks ,cathy glad to hear your felling better , do u find u get full with your new sleeve and if u don't mind me asking what made you go for the sleeve and not a bypass , I am going for the sleeve cause of my high BMI , xx

I get full quite fast :) I went for the sleeve because when I met with the surgeon I wanted the band but he told me that I'd have to keep going back for fills and he said the band can get stuck with the skin growing over it and that really put me off. He said I could have any op that I wanted so I looked into the sleeve and thought that would be best for me also my Bmi.
Have you got a date yet? and will you deffo have the sleeve or are you still deciding? :) x

Hi cathy , yes I have chosen to have the sleeve along with my surgeon as we both thought this would be the best surgery for me to start with , as my BMI is 63 and weigh 21stone10lbs and only 4ft 11"tail so only little with at lot of weight to carry , and I have a lot of health problems to go with it and only 37yrs of age.
My surgeon did say after a year if I lose at least 6 stone he then would do the second part the bypass , but I hoping to try hard at losing all what I need with just the sleeve as really don't want another op , thanks for your fed back Cathy xx

Hi Cath your prob not hungry just bored on liquids, I found it hard and making alices tea was a killer, now on normal food I don't crave anything, just have tiny bit! Went out for a meal tonight and had garlic mushrooms in creamy sauce and ate the lot but took my time, won't be long hun, don't rush it as tum needs time to mend, I had lots of upset tums but ok now, just finding what tum likes and don't xxxx

Hi Cath your prob not hungry just bored on liquids, I found it hard and making alices tea was a killer, now on normal food I don't crave anything, just have tiny bit! Went out for a meal tonight and had garlic mushrooms in creamy sauce and ate the lot but took my time, won't be long hun, don't rush it as tum needs time to mend, I had lots of upset tums but ok now, just finding what tum likes and don't xxxx
Thanks Bex you're right I'm bored of liquids lol but I'm scared to eat as well I'm just going to follow the diet sheet they gave me see how I go .
can you eat any meat ? xxx

Yeah can eat everything in small amounts hun, had stew the other night, chicken fine, fish fine, ham fine, sausage and burger x

I know how your feeling Kathy, im on 4-6 weeks of puree and ive really struggled this past 24 hours, im not physically hungry but im bored with the puree after just 10 days and im bored of sitting around the house as well so keep thinking about all the things i would like to eat. x

Now I know I raced through the stages to solids as I was off on my jollies & would have had trouble eating out if I was still at the soft stage. But I was only meant to be on liquids for 2wks but that could include purrees if I felt ready. At each stage the sheet said a certain time at each stage but the dietitian said go with the flow try it if I felt ready if it went down great if not leave it & try again a few days later. It was good advice & although solids were a trial & error start while away at 4wks post op I was enjoying small amounts & keeping most of them down mixed with soft or liquid foods to make sure I got the protein levels up.

Cathi, don't be scared, there is so much more choice with Purée. You can have any meal you fance, just put it in the blender, I've had chicken madras, Dahl, pork casserole, scrambled egg, fish in sauce, veg and mash, Faggots, mash and veg. tinned fruit!. You will be glad in a couple of days. I move onto mashed on Saturday, that is worrying me as I haven't had any lumps yet!!

Back