• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hypothetical - eating "normal" food

Serapis Bey

If one doesnt dump on regular food - (non-low fat) and eats said food until satisfied (a quarter or half as much as they could eat before.) is it possible to still lose weight?

I last weighed myself 2 weeks ago and I was just over 300lbs. My goal weight is 14 stones (182lbs) or 13.5 I really do not want to be any lower than that. Do you think it's possible to get there with a combination of

: Eating good fats with food (udos oil, almond butter, coconut oil and oily fish) as opposed to low fat foods?

: Focussing on weights & resistance exercises with a bit of cardio?

Firstly congratulations - it looks like you are doing very well with your weight loss already.

The bypass means you WILL lose weight, almost regardless of what you eat during the first months as even with full fat versions of food its just impossible to eat enough to mean that you cant lose weight.

However as your body learns to cope with the malabsorption and your capacity for food increases, if you have not made the changes to your diet then you may find the weight loss becomes harder as time goes on.

Now Im no angel, and i certainly dont choose low fat versions of everything and I have reached a healthy weight - but I am careful to choose "good" foods most of the time and try to limit my carbs although it doesnt always work...

Good luck with your journey x

Firstly congratulations - it looks like you are doing very well with your weight loss already.

The bypass means you WILL lose weight, almost regardless of what you eat during the first months as even with full fat versions of food its just impossible to eat enough to mean that you cant lose weight.

However as your body learns to cope with the malabsorption and your capacity for food increases, if you have not made the changes to your diet then you may find the weight loss becomes harder as time goes on.

Now Im no angel, and i certainly dont choose low fat versions of everything and I have reached a healthy weight - but I am careful to choose "good" foods most of the time and try to limit my carbs although it doesnt always work...

Good luck with your journey x

Im with Sam on this one.
I was very good for the first 8 months but old habits are starting to creep in but I am still losing a pound a week

I agree with the others. It is easy to go back to old ways. I do have bad days but have to watch my weight so carefully as it is so easy to let it go back on again. I can easily put on half a stone. But liking the new me I manage it better now and as soon as half a stone goes on I get rid of it again.

Good luck the op helps lose wieght but doesnt solve the problem

Jo
xx

If you don't eat anything bad for you then yes! However as a fellow none dumper i know i've piss arsed around for the last 4 months, just having a 'little treat' which turned out to be a lot like the old days without actually putting weight on but also without losing....

So yes if you can honestly stick to just eating what's good for you then you can honestly probably lose weight. However if you have a croissant on the way to work and then a bit of pudding after your lunch and a muffin on the way home then you need to realise you will maintain (ps that diet bit was mine the last three weeks whilst commuting to work).

Good luck with it, i hope you get to your goal and enjoy every day the new improved health gives you xxx

Thank you all for your replies.
I will focus on eating good fats and nutritious foods to heal and fuel my body. I don't really mind if I dont get to my goal, As long as I loose some weight and dont gain!!

Thanks again y'all x

Back