• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I have a date with Mr Mannur

PinkyButtonz

Hi All,

Just got a call from the Bariatric Nurse (what a star) to tell me I have a date for my Bypass October 27th :party0023:.

I asked if I could use CD as my pre-op diet and she said yes :). She said if I started if now stick to around 800kcal. So we discussed that I would do 810kcal of CD for 2 weeks after I return from my weekend away, then just the packs till I have the op.

Just over 5 weeks away :).

Hi, that's fab news, not long to wait now, you must be very excited! :D

Sorry for sounding stupid but what is the CD diet? I'm new to all this, can you tell?! ;) I too have to start a pre op diet asap for my surgery currently penciled in for Nov 7th but am not sure of the best way to lose the weight fast enough to keep to the time limit. Aaahh just though is CD Cambridge diet? Still not a clue what that is lol!! :ashamed0005:

Hi, that's fab news, not long to wait now, you must be very excited! :D

Sorry for sounding stupid but what is the CD diet? I'm new to all this, can you tell?! ;) I too have to start a pre op diet asap for my surgery currently penciled in for Nov 7th but am not sure of the best way to lose the weight fast enough to keep to the time limit. Aaahh just though is CD Cambridge diet? Still not a clue what that is lol!! :ashamed0005:

Yes CD is short for the Cambridge Diet it is a meal replacement diet.

Did the hospital not give you a pre-op diet sheet? The nurse emailed me one even though we agreed on CD. I the CD 810kcal (3 shakes and a small high protein meal) start on 28 September. After 2 weeks I'll just stick to just the 3 meal replacement shakes.

Yippee.gif
congratshearts.gif

Hi Pinky, nope haven't discussed diet at all yet, I have my first appointment with the dietician on 28th Sept. Just wanted to get going with losing the 5% so I don't miss my target. :)

On another note, how do you thank someone on here?

Cuppacocoa xx

Congrats m8 really pleased for you xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Sarah,

As happy as I am getting my date. When I got the call, my next thought was I hope you and Phoebe had heard something.

I know it is frustrating ringing Diane each week. Its the waiting and not knowing that is difficult.

I was fortunate I had another person (Tamara) keeping an ear to the ground for me.

I'm sure you will both have good news soon, then we'll celebrate with a glass of pre-op milk (Lactose free for me).

Hi Pinky, nope haven't discussed diet at all yet, I have my first appointment with the dietician on 28th Sept. Just wanted to get going with losing the 5% so I don't miss my target. :)

On another note, how do you thank someone on here?

Cuppacocoa xx

I don't think you can thank until you have 50 post.

When you have enough post click on the thumbs up on the bottom right of the post you want to thank.

Use the Word Association to top up your posts.

http://www.minimins.com/forum-technical-support/104697-thanks-button.html

Thanks Pinky! (Doing it the old fashioned way for now!) xx

Thanks Pinky! (Doing it the old fashioned way for now!) xx

LOL, ok I'll ask you some silly questions and you can answer them lol.

Yay:109:Wahoooooooo

Well ok I know it's not christmas quite yet, but it must feel like it is for you...Bet your all 'xcited

Not heard anything yet. Will let you know AS SOON AS though.

*checks calendar to see what day the 27th falls on* Oooooh it's a tuesday, I was told mine would be a tuesday too (although I suspect that she had me muddled up with you at the time) I'm keeping everything crossed!

Again, just incase you didnt hear me properly the first time Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;)

Congrats! That is so fabulous!

Congratulations, buckle up and get ready for the ride of your life xx

Hi Pinky

What brilliant news...you must be over the moon!

Where are you having your op?...is it a bypass?

Woo hoo

(((hugs)))

Back