• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I HAVE NO IDEA.

BlueDiamond

Hi Guys and Gals,

As some of you know I am due to get my decision on Friday about wls and I know ppl have given me information on how to handle the appointment etc, but I just feel so negative:sigh: I am beginning to wonder if I am setting my self up for the fall, I have no idea how I am going to react if he says no, and I have no idea how to even proceed with the appointment, I dont want the surgeon to think that I dont want this wls or not bothered, but at the same time I dont wanna come across too c**k sure or as a know it all, and then deep down I keep thinking to myself , well I aint going to get it anyway so whats the point. Basically I am going round in circles emotionally, and seem to be stuck in a rut.:mad:

Thanks in advance for letting me rant - all the best - MeJulie (albeit a fustrated one:rolleyes:) x x

Hiya Julie all you can do is go in there with a positive attitude and tell them that this will benefit your health and well being lots, at the worst they can say no if that happens thenb you appeal, im sure all will go ok though try to keep positive x

Liz x

I have no advice to give here but I just wanted to send you a HUUUUUUUGE hug because of the stress that this is putting you through. Fingers crossed here that you get the answer you want xx
Steph xx

I am waiting on my decision too so know what you mean, I have decided to think positively this year (I'm usually a negative thinker as I've already imagined the worst nothing can surprise me) but come what may I AM going to lose weight this year!!!

I hope your dreams come true xxx

Rant away! we are always here to listen. I hope everything goes the way you want it on Friday x

like Liz said, they'll either say yes or no (obviously!!) once you have this piece of info then you can proceed, but worrying about something that you have no control over just yet is counter productive, be positive and i'm sure the doc will have patients who have researched WLS to the 'n'th degree like i did, i had most of the info already, but my surgeon dotted the i's and crossed the t's for me, hope it all goes well for ya x

You rant all you like mejulie after all the waiting you have had. I would just be honest with them and tell it like it is, they will have expected you to have done some research on the op because anyone that doesn't research this is going into it completely blind. Fingers crossed for you hope all goes well, let us know. Will be thinking of you.

when i went for my one stop appointment i took my folder lol and i had it all researched but didnt need any of it, I was told no way at my bmi was i having a band and that was the end.
he thought i was very silly for not even thinking about the bypass which i told him i had researched and it wasnt for me and i was sent on my way.
I cryed for hours then asked for everyones advice on here, then sent him a very heart felt email and 2 days later he emailed me back agreeing to my band as he was happy i had researched it well enough to know what i was doing.
I just think you have to be honest and the surgeon if they are good will know and if your not he will see through you. I dont think you can ever know enough as he will know 100% more.
I wish you loads of luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck. Hope you get on ok xxx

Back