• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need help

slimmerkay

I got up this morning hungry as usual. Had a cup of tea and then started with this pain in my tummy. It's like indigestion but it's a constant ache across the top of my tum, under my boobs. It's not at all like the "something got stuck" pain.

Anyway I had a banana (slowly) for brekkie and it got worse. I've taken deflatine, I've tried to work it off doing housework but it wont shift.

I'm pretty sure it's wind pain but from what? And why wont deflatine shift it?

What else can I try folks? This is really uncomfortable :(

o nooo, why dont you try nhs dorect? i know your private but if your in distress then they cant leave you, sorry im not much help xx

Not sure what to suggest karen but i hope it goes away soon for you xxxxx

Oooo, sounds horrid Karen, nothing worse than a nagging pain to get you down. Keep persevering with the indigestion/wind remedies if you feel it may be wind, it may take more than one or two doses to shift, gentle exercise may help although I would have thought housework should have helped get things moving...what about sipping peppermint tea/warm water...that can be quite soothing? Is it really painful or more like a nagging ache...could you slink off to bed for a couple of hours to see if that helps? xxx

Thanks for the replies ladies.

Angie, it's more of an ache not a sharp pain. I can't go to bed because I'm here alone with the little ones. Hubby gone fishing with Cam, Josh at his girlfriends and Kieran at grandmas.

Do you think it could be hunger causing wind?

Have you got your gallbladder Karen? xxx

Karen have you come of the Fast Lab ?

I had this pain when i stopped taking them..

It feels like wind under your boobs right across - i had it for 3 days and since i went back on Fast Lab i was ok

It could be hon, I'm not the best person to ask as I haven't had what I typically remember as hunger pangs. If you think it could be because you are hungry then definitely try something...what about some bland soup to see if that helps settle things? xxx

girls can i gatecrash and ask , does everyone have this fastlab and if so like you have mentioned Donna do you become dependant on them?...eeeeek x

I had this painb for 3 -4 days and the hospital only told me to have them for 4 weeks, when i got this pain its something to do with acid in your tummy they break it down or so im led to believe..

My GP said i might need them for life or just a few more months.

everyone has them post op

Been taking my fastabs.

I have pain in my back between my shoulder blades and I'm belching like mad which is why I thought of wind. But after Bev mentioned gallbladder I looked up symptoms of gallstones and they are on there along with sweating (have been all morning) and a low grade fever (my temp is a little high). But don't have the other symptoms.

I will see how I get on and may ring NHS Direct if it continues.

Try sipping warm water with peppermint if you have it.Wouldnt of ate a banana they are notorious for indigestion.Put a warm hottie on your tum and walk up and down it may shift it.If it goes to the right and gets PAINFUL could be gall bladder.You will know it cos its a BAD pain.

Hi Karen,

I would keep off dairy type foods and see if it improves... in any event... it's a possibility so as long as you are mindful of it... I used to feel feverish with this... I hope it isn't but keep it in mind and try and get some rest... you've also been doing one heck of a lot of exercise so early so it could be muscular... but it's certainly best to question it and to get it checked out next week for sure...

Mr Ammori said that he would not remove the gallbladder unless it was a necessity so hopefully, it may not be that.

The pain radiates in the upper chest area around the front and in your back and it can be sharp.

Try and rest.

Love and hugs xxx

I`m afraid I have no answers, But hope you`re feeling better soon xx

Karen, I get a pain very occasionally....same area as you describe and I've found taking 2 TUMS help...might be wind or I've ate too fast - can't figure it out but the TUMS help.

Also this week I've been getting a pain along my scar sites - not really sore but really sharp, then 'naggy'. I'm thinking it's just bit's 'n' pieces knitting together

***Cherry*** - The doc advised me to take FastTab ( or its capsule eqivalant) twice a day for a year, then once a day for a year (possibly life). I take the capsules and they are no problem.

Just read this Karen, I hope you have seen some improvement since your last post. Sorry I cant help as I havnt a clue what it could be apart from wind.
Kelly I have the capsule form of fast tabs now and I will take them for life. They reduce the acid in your tummy as it can eat away at the surgical sites.
Hope you feel better soon Karen XX

Well the pain has subsided. Still there but minimal. I now feel quite sick :(

I doubt very much it is muscular - it just doesn't feel like that.

Back