• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ibrufen

CHUCKY

hi all does anyone know if we can take ibrufen pain killers after bypass thanks

The only thing you can take is liquid childrens tylenol. No Motrin and No Advil. Can not have anything with NSAID in it.

Hi Julie, Its best to check with your bariatric team as I know we all seem to be given different advise.

Ibuprofen is a nsaid that can irritate the lining of the stomach, as is Aspirin that I took before my op. My team and rheumatologist have said it is fine to continue post op.

Chect with your team to be on the safe side.

Pinkyxx

Hi Jennifer,

Don't think you can get Tylenol in the UK.

Pinkyxx

The only thing you can take is liquid childrens tylenol. No Motrin and No Advil. Can not have anything with NSAID in it.

Hi Julie, have no idea bout the nurofen lol but just wanted to say hi and wondered how you are xxx

I would be very careful with any type of NSAIDs because they can affect your pouch/intestines. My mother just had to have emergency surgery to correct an burst ulcer from taking too many NSAIDs. I was definately a NSAIDs abuser pre-op and I am actually glad now I was told I could not take them post-op. I was told even liquid NSAIDs were a no-no but you should always go by your own team's advice, they will tell you what is best for your personal health. I was told to take paracetamol dissolve tabs or liquid is best for post-op pain.

Nic;)

hi again i dont take them at moment but since my bypass i am getting horrendus periods and pain. Was told that anti imflamatory was needed thats why i asked. Got an appionment on friday with gp so will discuss then. Thanks for all the info and and advise.

Hi roch i am well apart from horrendus TOTM problems.
Thankyou so much for asking.
How you doing any gossip
:)

Hi roch i am well apart from horrendus TOTM problems.
Thankyou so much for asking.
How you doing any gossip
:)

Hun have u tried the heat patches for totm they are really good, u stick them on to then part of ur bod where u get the pain and they stay warm for up to 6 hrs and really help with pain.
No gossip lol, not doing 2 good at the mo, am struggling big time and it is really getting me down.
hope u get the pains sorted soon hun, big hugs to ya xxx

quick update went to gp and she said not allowed ibrufen at all not even liquid ones they are really high risk of ulcers ect. Will have to stick to paracetamol.
She is sending me for scan on my overies.

Nah I just come outta hospital and am only allowed codine or paracetamol...no ibuprofen as I am a bypasser x

Back