• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im a bandit

Sparkle-k

Hey luvlies, I'm back from my op yesterday. So what happened....
Got to chelsfield,Kent at 7am after getting lost for half hour!! Signed about 500 hundred forms and answered lots of questions. Got changed into the biggest paper knickers you have ever seen much to the amusement of my mum. Then I sat around for a couple of hours watching emmerdale and corrie omnibus. I walked down at 10 and they struggled for ages to find a vein so had to put the needle in the lower part of my arm, by this point I was very tearful and wanted to run away! I then went into theatre.there was about 5 people in there. I climbed on the bed and they strapped my legs down.I was pretty stressed so they knocked me out quick! Next thing I remember I was back in my room. I slept for a few hours and when I woke I felt very sick so they gave me some anti sickness. After that I was fine. I slept on and off all day and watched lots of tv. Drank a few cups of tea and water. I didn't have anymore morphine, just paracetmol and ibrupofen. I slept ok, woke up cold in the night and had to buzz for another blanket. Then at 4:30 I needed more pain relief.I got up at 5:30, they unhooked the drip etc and I had a shower. Then the nurse cleaned my wounds and put a spray on them so I don't have any dressings on them now. I have dissolvable stitches which I'm happy with! I saw the physio this morning and the surgeon came round to check on me. I have to give myself blood thinning injections for seven days and doing that for the first time was a massive ordeal! (such a baby). But it's actually ok. I managed a banana milk smoothie the hospital made for me and some jelly. I've also managed some watery soup this evening at home. I'm not struggling at all to get fluid down (did they forget to put the band in). I have a small band 10ml and I have to say the care I received at chelsfield was outstanding. I know alot of people comment on mr el hasani's bedside manner but I found him to be lovely along with all the nurses. I am a bit sore, bruised and that left shoulder pain is bad!!! But apart from that I'm moving around fine, walking around no problem.
Wow that was long and that's not the half of it. For anyone about to have the band....you will be fine! I am the biggest worrier and very emotional and I survived :)

Kirsty xx

Well done Kirsty and welcome to loser bench x

Glad it went well. Good you had big pants. I had a tiny pair- you would have thought they has forgotten why I was there!

Haha I too had tiny pants :) thankgod I got them on!! Lol glad all went well..6 days on I'm getting bored so must be nearly recovered!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Once I can post pictures I will upload a pic of these big pants! They were so big it was funny. I woke up without them on tho....why do they take them off? Lol

good luck kirsty :) x

I vaguely recall them stripping mine off me too as I was coming round....i do wonder why? x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Glad all went sparkle :happy036:

Here's to the future :greenapple:

Take Care

Andy x

Thank u so much for this post. I am going in on Thursday and boy I am glad I am busy enough not to have time to think otherwise I ll freak out. Hope u have a speedy recovery but seems to be going well so far. Xxx

Thanks sparkle

my other half goes into chelsfield this sunday for her bypass has to stay in a hotel for 2 nights because they want her in friday to see the consultant and do the form filling and shes been told that come tuesday morning at 9 am she will going home :D:D hopefully the m25 will be king to me as i have to drive from bedford to kent twice this weekend

Hi joffy, I went Friday evening for my pre-op tests and to fill in some forms. Then went back Sunday for the op. So that seems similar. The m25 was fine on the way there....but EVIL on the way bak today :( I hope you have a better journey and good luck to your oh xx

thanks for that...... she was all apprehensive when i had my bypass in august (on the nhs) like why do you want it and what happens if you kick the bucket ............but when she thought about it and i made it look easy she decided that it would be the way forward for her too ............mind you she is having trouble keeping to her pre op diet as i made the milk diet look easy :D:D:D:D:D

Back