• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lost my restriction please help

I went to bed last night lay on my port side and felt really uncomfortable. So turned over, woke up this morning with pain around my port area. Not terrible pain I havent taken pain killers. At first I thought was just maybe wind pain, or I had slept funny as the pain was also in my back. But shock horror my restriction has gone completely! I have just eaten a piece of toast I havent been able to cope with toast for months. Has my band snapped?

no-one can really tell you what has happened but you need to contact your provider to discuss this with them. It could be a whole host of things, they are the ones you need to approach as soon as you can.

I called THG, they said sounds like i need a fill? I had a fill 4 weeks ago and had to go back a week later to have 0.3ml out as was too much.
She said they will do a fluid check and see whats there, incase of a leak. She then said the next thing would be an xray at the cost of £395 (nice) im not covered for that as part of my plan neither am I covered for an surgical complications so if further surgery is needed ill have to pay again. Surely they would have to cover some I only had my op 31/8 not even 6 months. Oh well I hope tomorrow my restriction is back...

I had a bypass with streamline and they don't cover any surgical complications past 30 days. Aftercare just means nurse and dietitian for me :/

I just found my paper work and says surgical complications covered for 6 months. So glad I called them today as worse case then they will have to help me as within the time. I just really hope that the fluid is all there and then I hope that proves no leaks and no tubing disconnection x

Yes make sure they do help you as you're still covered! Don't let them stall! Wish I'd read mine more thoroughly! X

Went to see them today. They checked and no leaks. She also said that I had lost 7 kgms since Jan 7th so she suggested there was no way there could be a leak as would have lost restriction and put on weight. She did say its port very normal to have port pain and probably killing the cross trainer is causing the pain. She said its stitched to a muscle thats probably seen no action in a long time.
Anyway I'm happy again need to watch my portion size as this can cause the un-comfortable feeling too. Thank you all for your support x

Glad to hear you went and got it checked and that they don't think its leaking.

As you know, they are currently investigating my band for potential leaks and I go back again tomorrow for another follow up on this, but to say you would gain weight if it was leaking is not necessarily the case at all, just cos someone may lose restriction from the band, if they stick to eating guidelines there's nothing to say they would gain at all. How bizarre and what an odd statement for them to make LOL

But glad you've got it checked. And yes, muscle pain, the tubing is attached and if we start doing certain things it can really cause it to flare up. This is one of the reasons why my provider and the main man there actually advises banders to avoid sit ups and ab crunches for this very reason!

Glad you're sorted tho, as it can be a worry!

Will they be x-raying you tomorrow top kat? I had an xray and a fluid check. To be fair it wasn't as bad as I expected. Other than I was a day too early for my appointment lol. Ive given up the sit ups and think ill just stick to the zumba and cross trainer and see how I go x

Will they be x-raying you tomorrow top kat? I had an xray and a fluid check. To be fair it wasn't as bad as I expected. Other than I was a day too early for my appointment lol. Ive given up the sit ups and think ill just stick to the zumba and cross trainer and see how I go x

Ah sit ups are notoriously band for causing band issues. I'd dump them!

No X-ray tomorrow, complete defill to see what comes out of the band and then refill, if there's less in there than there was I have to go for an X-ray scan so they can see where it's leaking from.

So won't know a great deal til tomorrow. :-/

I'm completely the opposite I think I have too much restriction, need some advice

Initially, what makes you think you have too much restriction? In what way are you struggling and if you are, have you spoken to your provider?

Back