• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'M BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! here's my journey.

cindy1

Hi all, had surgery 6 days ago and have had a few days being pampered by OH and son so 1st time been on here with any news.

OP DAY left here at 4.30am and arrived in Birmingham at about 7am (didnt need to be there till 8am but you never know what might happen, you'll know what i mean if saw post about my car lol). Checked in and sat in waiting room for a bit, when called through sat by bed and nurses went through info and asked normal questions, finally got to meet Mr Nijjar (hadnt met him before was on Mr Super's list originally) he seemed very nice (younger than I was expecting lol) told me all the things that could go wrong (nice chap lol) liver too big, may need to do open surgery, band slippage etc. Next I saw dietatian who was a bundle of energy and a very nice bloke. Was then able to go back out to waiting area to OH and watch TV and wait for my turn (i was 2nd on the list)

10.30ish was called through to get undressed and to put the lovely white stockings on, I was told my op time would be about 11am, was then walked to theatre. All usual stuff done and then I was fast asleep.

Came round and it was about 12.15pm, was very sleepy still so slept on and off for a while. Didnt feel too bad pain wise. Had a drink of water and it went down fine and I didnt feel any restriction at all? Also had full mug of coffee and this went down great too? Got dressed and was off home at 4pm, arrived home about 7pm saw son for a bit, told him about what I had had done and showed him my wounds then was off to bed. Slept well.

I have been very tired since surgery, pain hasn't been too bad but I have kept up the pain killers. I have suffered terribly with trapped wind and the deferred pain in the shoulder that they tell you about and say will go after a few days (I still have it now) and have been struggleing to get 2 litres of fluid down aday, I have restriction now but think it may be down to the swelling around band. I am having slimfast, milkshakes with fruit and yoghurts for protein, water tea coffee etc and I made some soup before I went in but I hate it so runny (I gag trying to get it down) so am craving something savoury, so last night I had a small amount of very runny mash and gravy (looked like something from a nappy but tasted like heaven). I am trying to be very good and stick to the month of liquids as I am scared I will stretch my pouch and then the bl**dy thing wont work, but I am only a week post op so who knows how long I will keep it up.

Haven't weighed yet so not sure how I am doing will keep you all informed. C x

great to have you back Cindy and welcome to the losers' bench! Glad everything went smoothly for you!

Back