• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i'm back to start pre op tomorrow

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Hi everyone
hope you are all well.had a lovely relaxing break on the Isle of Lewis. Going to find it difficult to catch up on all your posts so if i have missed anything significant i'd appreciate if somone could pm me and fill me in. I start my pre op tomorrow but i'm one of the lucky ones who does'nt have to follow the milk diet. Also going to have to stop smoking so i already feel sorry for everyone around me ha ha.Getting very nervous now a week on fri seems so near! I'll probably be back to asking questions soon cause thanks to my nerves i'll prob have forgotten everything you guys have told me already. Nice to be back though i missed you guys x

welcome back allie im glad you had a nice break away x good luck on the pre op diet and the fag diet lol, im sure you will be fine, not long to go now xxx

liz xxx

Hi Liz
thanks for that. got 5 real cigs left then i'm onto the electric version lol hopefully never to go back on to them again. Slimmer and smoke free what more can a girl ask for xx

doing 2 things at the same time, you're brave!!

Good luck with the pre op diet hun! I didn't have to follow the milk one either wahoo! x

Nice to see you back again.
Wanted to wish you good luck with the pre-op diet and the fags, I had my last fag the day of my op and managed to go 10 days altogether, but then, with me feeling sorry for myself after the op I gave in. I wish I hadn't, but thats next on my list to give up the fags for good. Not sure when this will happen because i enjoy them,:smoke: but gonna give it a go soon and just do it once and for all.
Anyways sorry for babbling on lol, Good luck!!

Thanks again guys. Marky wish i was brave ha ha under strict instructions from Mr Ammori that i must do both unfortunatly its all at once but needs must! Gaynor ask me that in a few days lol but again needs must so lets hope work keeps me busy all round to distract my food and nicotine cravings. Had my last taste of chocolate seems weird to say that and hard to imagine life without it xx

I also gave up smoking before the op, I gave up 4 weeks in advance then started 5 days after again lol (men pfft!). The one thing I did say post op was I was so glad I gave up before the op because my sats (oxygen levels) kept dropping to 84% so god knows what they would have been if i was smoking just before! I would really try even if it is the day/ few days before!

Clare xx

Now i know why i missed you guys thanks for the lovely welcome back. Thanks Clare for that post i've bought this new electric cigarette so here's hoping.It tastes like a cigarette, looks like a cigarette and actually produces a vapourised non smelling puff of smoke but without any of the harmful ingredients in the real thing so fingers crossed for success. I'm sure i'll be bugging you all next week when my nerves really kick in so i'll apologise in advance ha ha xx

Good luck giving up all the things you love.

Hope your op is swift and as pain free as possible, here's to you coming back a big loser :)

good luck with the pre op diet Allie....I didn't have fags to contend with but did give up wine when doing mine.

you can do it girl :girlpower:

Best of luck - I had my op in Spire Manchester too - Mr A's sidekick, Mr Li (Michael McIntyre lookie-likey).

Apparently my liver shrinkage was fine :rolleyes::rolleyes: even though I only did the milk diet for 2 days pre-op, not that they measured it first, but I did cut out all carbs..good weight loss too.

Cutting out the fags is essential - not only because of the usual things like your health etc but because of the anaesthetic and also heal process of your scars.

Best of luck and I shall be keeping an eye on your progress!

Last edited:
Lots of luck with the diet and the giving up the ciggies. I gave up 18 months ago and am glad, like Mummyof2, my sats kept dropping post op and if I'd have been smoking that would have been worse.

Could you let me know how the electric cigarette works, my daughter is umming and ahhhing about giving up too?

I hope this next week or so flies by for you! You CAN do this!

Lx

Thanks TPT i'll keep you posted and let you all know how many heads i bite off at work lol. LIZZIEBEE the electric cigarette costs £30 whichif you take the cost of a packet of cigarettes or nicotine replacement is a saving.It can be used either to cut down or stop. It works with an atomiser and actually produces a vapour of smoke when you inhale.It works off a battrey which is charged just like your mobile phone. There is no carbon monoxide no tar so therefore none of the dangers of the real thing. It can be smoked anywhere indoors and out and all the places smoking is banned ( could have some fun there ha ha)There is no smell from it either. All you have to buy after intinial purchase is replacement cartridges which cost £4.99 for 5 each cartridge is 20 cigarettes. Aparrently where you would smoke the whole "real thing" once you get used to the electric version you put it down quite quickly. Sorry that was a bit of a story if you want any more info feel free to pm me x

good luck with the diet and the cigs :D Im not a smoker but I can imagine how hard it will be when you have a diet to do as well. Willpower is your friend... i have none of that stuff lol

Good luck and best wishes for your surgery:)

Hows the start of the pre op diet going hun? remember will be well worth it :D

Clare xx

Back