• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm feeling guilty

misscharlie

I'm really annoyed with myself. :( I'm not even 2 weeks post op yet, but I've already given in to food temptations.

I'm suppose to be on 4 weeks liquids. Did everyone keep to this? I feel like i've failed and that I'm going to sabatage the whole of the bypass. :(

I had to do four weeks too... it's hard ! It's longer than most people have to do on liquids so I'm sure you've done no damage !

my hospital only ask you to do liquids for 11 days then slops .....so what did you have???

I only had to do 2 weeks of liquids only.

Remember not to beat yourself up about it - it's over now and you'll do better tomorrow! :)

If you're really worried, have a word with your bariatric team to reassure yourself but I shouldn't think you've done any harm.

I eat round the bit in the soups, but have eaten the bits(chewed). I also had 1 tablespoon of mash. I know it probs dont sound that much really, but I feel starving and I'm scared I'm going to ear everything and loads. Sorry but having a stupid moment x

walsalls regime of 4 weeks liquids is very strict IMO. Just remember though that you are healing so try not to push things too quickly hun. What did you eat?

we just cross posted. you wont have done any harm with mash. dont worry x

I don't think you will have done any damage with that Charlie some people are only on liquids for a couple of days and are eating mushy food before they come out of hospital.

Thanks everyone.

Today I think I've had my first experience of the emotional side. When awaiting surgery, I think alot of people think that its going to fix everything , when the emotional sides of eating needs to be addressed too. Its easily overlooked. When I opened the fridge to make teh kids lunch today I just wanted to eat the whole thing, fridge included :)

I think that is hard for everyone and it is difficult to get round it as it is a habit. I have struggled with the milk diet this last few days for that very reason but today I have been great. Let us know how it goes because I am sure I will be saying the same thing in a few weeks time.

i only have to be on liquids for 2 weeks hun so im sure you are doing ok, if your still feeling hungry why dont you eat little and often . maybe your going to long between meals before you eat. i find haveing some yogurt of custard helps with the hunger. x

I agree with the others, and just put it behind you now, we are not perfect otherwise we wouldnt be needing WLS.

Back