• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm home!!!!

Don't make any rash decisions Gaynor. All of your research has pointed you toward the band. IMHO the balloon only being in place for 6 months doesnt give the patient very long to learn new eating habits for a healthy life.

Take your time babe. Don't rush into anything xx

the surgeon said it should be within the next 2 weeks. Apparently I'm top of the high risk scale and thats why they would'nt risk it. Was really p*ssed off but I'm ok now and wandering whether to ask for a balloon instead so they don't have to put me under. What do you think ????

hi gaynor, im gonna be honest in my post here, you know ya knowledge and have researched the band intensley, im not a balloon fan as they in my opinion are a short term fix, they are helpfull to people with a very high bmi and short term use is fine to lower a bmi and the risks before having surgery other wise i see them as a bit point less as long term weight loss solution. maintanece is very hard after a balloon is removed and normal eating and portion sizes creep back in.

a band is what you have your heart set on and it suits you personally for your eating habbits, the anethnatist will be very experienced and will be used to dealing with larger patients on the op table.

look at this as a long term solution to tackle your weight issues, why do they class you as a high risk ? if they say its because of your size then yes suggest the balloon to lower your bmi and make it safer b4 banding surgery takes place.

thankyou for you lovely comments about me and ryans pic x

i wanna say that my comments in this post is purley my own opinion and i do not wanna offend any balloon patients x

liz x

Last edited:
Oh, Gaynor, my heart goes out to you dear:(:cry:. So much build-up & then nothing! I really, really hope they get you in and done soon. Don't lose faith, it just wasn't meant to be for today. Keep us posted so we can help you keep your spirits up.

(((((Massive Huggs))))))
Nic;)

Liz I always appreciate your honesty you know that.Thankyou!!! I'm high risk because I have brittle asthma as well as seizures and of course like many on here the hypertention and diebetes but the first 2 are the major concerns.I'll get there in the end though and hopefully very soon. I actually told the surgeon today about being forgotten by his secretary and told him I don't have much faith in her. He told me he would personally make sure that I'm next on his list for any cancellations etc so maybe I will not be forgotten this time lol.

gaynor discuss your concernes with him about a balloon see what his opionons are for you personaly for you and your medical conditions and the risks involved x

Don't make any rash decisions Gaynor. All of your research has pointed you toward the band. IMHO the balloon only being in place for 6 months doesnt give the patient very long to learn new eating habits for a healthy life.

Take your time babe. Don't rush into anything xx

:wave_cry: Was going to say exactly what Wanna said....you have already done so much research...just try remember why you choose the band in the first place.

I'm really sorry that it did not happen for you today though....but it will happen for you soon....hey what's two weeks?...you have a life time.

Wishing you all the best.

xxx

Gaynor think really hard before you make the decision chick. If the surgeon thinks your ok for the band then I dont see why you cant go with it......

Liz the new photo is so very cute chick....xx

Thankyou all for your concern I honestly don't know what I'd do without you all. I can honestly say that I feel I have made some very special friends on this forum and for that I am so grateful.
Love, hugs and kisses to you all xxxGaynorxxx

Oh Gaynor, I'm so sorry. That's awful for you. Have you got another date? Thinking of you x

Hi Gaynor

It seems that some people are anti-balloon on here,and everyone is entitled to their own opinions and reasons for any surgical weight loss,as a ex ballooner i am not going to get into a discussion about the afterlife of a balloon being taken out.

All i want to say is,you have decided to have the band fitted,ok this time for reasons beyond your control it hasnt happened but you shouldnt take it personally,dont talk yourself out of it :confused:,Mr A has said he will make sure your not forgotten,and to be honest i dont think he will,he was in the room when i had my balloon out this week and he said "i will see you next wednesday"and to me that was so nice as i know he sees alot of people and i felt he knew me.Go with your heart Gaynor.

Keep us updated

Take Care

Di

Hiya Gaynor....ive only just seen this thread I'm so sorry you had to go through that disappointment xxxx As they have said it will be within a couple of weeks thats only 14 days and just think how quick a 2 week holiday goes it wot be log and you will be safe and banded ad o the losing side. Don't make any rash decisions while your still stressed out and so disappointed you really wanted the band I encourage you strongly to stick with your decision to have one .
Look after yourself babe and pm or text me if you want to talk

Hi Gaynor - what a disappointment but at least you know the hospital won't play 'fast and lose' with your health and recovery. It won't be long before they get you in and when you look back it will be just a small blip in your weight loss recovery. Sending hugs with fairy dust to make you smile x

only just seen this thread ... im so sorry to hear what happened Gaynor..

in the last few weeks i have heard of 4 people now this has happened to for one reason or another hope it don't happen to me ...

have u got a date yet .. i would be on the phone everyday reminding them who you are and that you want to be in ........

just annoy the life out of them they will soon have you in lol ..

but go for what you wanted Hun and do the band at least its long term and Will get you on the road to your goals .. balloon will be in and out before you know it and stomach will be same size in 6 months and eating big portions again and gaining quicker than you lost..

Ur not daft you know what your doing Hun ..

but get on that phone lol xx 6 days till my op

so so sorry to hear of what happened gaynor :( so sorry you now have an uncertain date again and a wait again, like brett says annoy the secretarys as much as you can and hopefully you wont have too much of a wait. so sorry x

You lot are right!!! I'm going to stick with the band. AND I was right , all along I said Brett would get his op before me and hey!!! 6 days Brett and hopefully all will go well, keep up the pre op diet you're doing great and your op will be here in the blink of an eye lol.I'm going to phone the secretary 1st thing on tuesday and let her know I'm on HER case lol. THANKYOU to all who have commented on this thread. xxxGaynorxxx

Thanks Corey, I had my gown on and drips in and the sexy moon boots for 4 hours and then they told me. Was gutted at first but its for my own safety so what will be will be. Glad you're ok though and that it went to plan for you. xxGaynorxx

Back